• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln II+ best kept secret

I searched google and this site for the low end dead key adjustment pot for this radio and can't seem to find a call out for the pot #. My radio with the RF power set all the way down is dead keying about 6 watts and I want to change it to 1 watt so I can use my KL-503 amp with the radio. People talk about doing it but I haven't seem to find the needed info. When I open it up I'm not going to experiment and make the radio worse than it already is. This radio has been the worse case of frustration of any radio I own. I know it has potential but I'll never buy another President Radio product. Needing help Please !
I reduced the low dead-key down to 1.25 watts and I'm feeding a four-pill amp. Dead-key on amp is 90 watts and 360 PEP watts.

Reactions: whiteastro
I reduced the low dead-key down to 1.25 watts and I'm feeding a four-pill amp. Dead-key on amp is 90 watts and 360 PEP watts.
But what was the pot # you turned to get it down to 1.25 watts? That's what I'm trying to find out. Or does it say Low RF on the board? Thank You

Reactions: Rwb
With 12.2 volts and 2.0 watts dead-key = 28 PEP watts out of the radio before the amp.
With 12.2 volts and 6 watts dead-key = 34 PEP watts out of the radio before the amp.
yea that makes a little more sense. 28 is on the high side of what you can peak into the amp, but ive seen it done

But what was the pot # you turned to get it down to 1.25 watts? That's what I'm trying to find out. Or does it say Low RF on the board? Thank You
you know,ive asked many questions through the years very simular to yours n always got the full specs on the item but never a direct answer to what i asked. walked off sayin fukit

you know,ive asked many questions through the years very simular to yours n always got the full specs on the item but never a direct answer to what i asked. walked off sayin fukit
I do not have the ID of the pod. I have taken a photo of the pod and sent it to the OP and he will post the photo of the location and which is the correct pod to adjust.
Just by luck, I came across a video of a guy repairing a botched-up Lincoln II Plus and that is how and where I located the pod for the AM power.

I do not have the ID of the pod. I have taken a photo of the pod and sent it to the OP and he will post the photo of the location and which is the correct pod to adjust.
Just by luck, I came across a video of a guy repairing a botched-up Lincoln II Plus and that is how and where I located the pod for the AM power.
Thanks Recon you will make a lot of happy Dudes !

A lot of that depends on the operator. ForestRunner helped me right off the bat with my original troubled McKinley making adjustment pots known. That's why I try to share what I can when I can. But I still have a lot to learn and feel like a infant when I hear some of these guys go at it. But it is all in fun !

Last edited:
A correction to my post ! What I called a pot Recon said was just a screw flush with the board. Hope that helps !

Reactions: Rwb
That trimmer in the picture is W2. It's for setting the high end of the RF power to 12 watts (per the service manual) when the knob on the front is all the way up (clockwise). W1 (like I mentioned earlier in the thread) is for setting the low end range (CCW) of the front power control. The service manual says to set it to 2 watts but if you need less than that it won't hurt to set it to 1 watt.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.