• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln II + DOA

Recon

NY 881
Jul 28, 2019
Up-State NY
Received new Lincoln today. Had a on and off three-minute conversation with a friend and it died!
I unpacked the radio and waited thirty-minutes to match the temperature of my home prior to conducting my first radio check.
The receive was great but he told me that I was breaking up. When we stopped communicating, I started to double-check and adjust the external RF Power to five watts and the radio stopped transmitting with the mic button depressed.
Here we go!

dont you just love it. spend big money on brand new equipment and it doesn't work. its so common now its just stupid already. can you imagine if cars were like this? brand new car, drive it off the lot, engine locks up, no oil. manufacturer says"way it goes! it happens, send it in for warranty repair". hahaha. everything nowadays is a complete joke already.

dont you just love it. spend big money on brand new equipment and it doesn't work. its so common now its just stupid already. can you imagine if cars were like this? brand new car, drive it off the lot, engine locks up, no oil. manufacturer says"way it goes! it happens, send it in for warranty repair". hahaha. everything nowadays is a complete joke already.
I don't know what happened, but I reset the radio, and all is good so far.

Yeah you buy new because there is a shortage of good techs to work on old radios and where does it get you. I still have to take my Lincoln II+ out to Bob's CB shop so the monkeys don't bounce it around in transit. Probably next week because the weather is finally beginning to break.

If the radio works fine now why would a store replace it? If you have a cell phone, tablet, or laptop that has a hangup step one is restart the device. Most of those issues are software based and a re-boot fixes the problem. A new radio like the Lincoln is the same way pretty much. Now being brand new if it does this again or several more times then yea I would return it or have them re-load the software.

Operator error! Me! The TOT (Time Out Timer) was set too low.
Thanks ! That will give me something to check out on mine. Right now it just sets on the shelf with my collection waiting for a ride to Bob's CB Shop for alignment.

What is the defect with your radio?
Poor alignment and receive and gave it half a day to acclimate to room temp before trying it. They say this radio is cold blooded but of coarse I didn't read that before I bought it or I would have went with Anytone. Oh well guess I'll have to quit playing this money grabbing game and just run with what I have and not be chasing Rainbows ! LOL

Reactions: The turd

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated