1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

President Lincoln II Plus

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by AudioShockwav, Apr 17, 2017.

1. AudioShockwav

AudioShockwav Extraterrestrial Admin
    Staff Member

Just to help avoid confusion, there are currently 4 versions of the Lincoln II floating around.
    V1 is the first attempt at the new radio, had several flaws that are already documented here and elsewhere.
    V2 are the V1 that have had upgrades to help solve a few of the first bugs.
    V3 is the factory version with a few more bug fixes.
    Now there is the President Lincoln II Plus.
    This one has all of the latest upgrades, Plus they have added 12 meters to the radio, this was one of my biggest gripes about the Lincoln II, many of the latest radios now are dual bands, and i felt that President dropped the ball when it came with the II model and had only 10 meters.
    If you are looking for the latest version, make sure it has + on the front of the radio.
    Another Plus, is that right now online prices have dropped, with Amazon and a few online retailers selling the Plus model for $249.99 and free shipping, that is the best price I have seen on the Plus model.

Jeff

Shadetree Mechanic likes this.

2. Robb

Robb Yup

You going to get one and check it out?

Heya Jeff!

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Sr. Member

I'm not too impressed although the owner seems to like it.
    Only as good as the tech that tuned it though.

This one sounds much better. (different tech)

radioreddz likes this.
  4. Big Kahuna

Big Kahuna Well-Known Member

I didn't see a huge difference in performance in the videos between the V3 and + so not sure it's worth the upgrade unless you really need 12.

5. Delta 1

Delta 1 Well-Known Member

picked up one of these V3 a couple weeks ago... The receive is not close to my old school Lincoln,cheaply made which probably reflects the asking price..... also smaller than i expected, I heard the resale of the radio is not favorable..... so that being conveyed it is what it is......:notworthy:

rabbiporkchop and Mudfoot like this.
  6. SMILEX2692002

SMILEX2692002 Active Member

I purchased a Lincoln 2 + from Lesscom. Just a tune and conversion. I think its a great radio.
    I even adjusted the Rodger beep setting to sound like the original Lincoln or 2510 beep.
    One thing I wish it had was a opened clarifier. I thought maybe there would be an option in the menu but I couldn't find one.
    I also have a HR 2510 that was done by rogerbird.
    I found my new Lincoln II plus to be just as good if not better than my 2510.

7. radioreddz

radioreddz W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

You hit the nail on the head only as good as the tech that’s tuned it, some of these guys take a brand new radio out of the box and make a mess out of them thinking they know more than the factory that built it make to many so called mods.

rabbiporkchop likes this.