• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PRESIDENT Lincoln II

CbRadiosPRONTO

Mar 21, 2014
USA
www.cradiospronto.com
I'm looking forward to getting these in stock Wednesday. Lets hope the quirks are limited.

Cbradiomagazine.com did a pretty good work up on it. He did mention a few " what the heck is up with that?" pointers but nothing too serious.

Courious to see how it compares to the Optima I'm using right now. My optima may officially go up for sale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Since doing the fixes I've been quite happy with the radio. It still isn't anything groundbreaking and is similar to the CRE 8900 in many ways but the navigation and layout is really easy to use making it very nice in the mobile.

Definitely make sure they are the version 2. :)

Haven't had any other issues to report, it's been working great in the mobile, I'm using it on a daily basis and making plenty of contacts. Everyone says it sounds very clear on the air. I'm still using the stock microphone, I could probably move to a power mic for more audio but doesn't really seem necessary as I get heard without problems with the stock mic.

I've been running full tilt 45 watts or so daily. Most of the time running barefoot but on occasion I'll put my 4 pill in line and do some talking on the bowl :)

I was surprised to see A1-Telecom had them and is now out of stock, I havent used my account there in a few months so havent been there shopping. I guess I really didnt missing anything by the way it sounds with the first run of these which is typical of the first run of any new export radio.

A1 had them? I don't think so.... They were supposed to get them May 2nd but they said they were delayed til May 15th. I could be wrong but I talk with them a couple times per day. As of today, that's the story. Then again, the reps don't always know what the boss is doing.

I'm glad to here cbradioMagazine chime in. I was wondering if you were still using that. Good to hear you like it. If it talks anything like the cre8900, I'm sure it'll be good. I hated the menu settings for the CRE. I didn't like that clarifier either but I loved the 10hz freq steps.

Does anybody know if the board mfr for the Strykers, cre8900, yeticom, grant2 and Lincoln2 are all the same? I get the cre8900 shipped directly from France.

It was on the street for just a short period of time before performance issues surfaced. Sadly, the "expert" beta testers were so giddy just to have the radio, that they ignored/overlooked these obvious faults.

The Lincoln is so closely related to the CRE, this alone, should cause people to run away. Wouldn't surprise me if other quirks surface. I haven't noticed much talk or excitement about the Lincoln since the problems surfaced, to me, that speaks volumes.

I'm just an ordinary end user. I proclaim the Lincoln a TURD.

Last edited:
I'd like to get excited about the possibility of a "new" 10 meter radio but I've come to realize there will probably never be anything but these "turds" coming out every so often. The same tired export chassis with a new plastic case and the same old controls, functions, issues and mods. Nothing to get excited about there. It's something to keep the 11 meter crowd buying and modding 10 meter exports.

There are only three selling points to these radios.

1. How easy is it to mod for 27 Mhz.
2. How high can I turn up the modulation.
3. How many watts can I squeeze out out it before it blows up.

You can put a new paint job and some new chrome do-dads on a 40 year old car and calling it a new model. They 're not. I'll just save up another $250 and put an Alinco DX-SR8T in my truck.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Yea for sure I agree. Though it's a rock and a hard place kind of situation. Those that want a new model (small, mobile etc), like myself, are essentially stuck with one of these export options. I'm surprised that there isn't THE perfect radio with great everything and perfect reviews seeing as we're in 2014 now but hey, what can ya do. I guess it's between the optima and grant2 for me now, I'm 'moving up' from a 980 and think the grant would probably be a good step.

Regardless like I said, the hobby has been around for ages and given all of our technical advances and from the outside looking in, I find it difficult to understand why radios nowadays are all full of give and take and pros and cons. Major ones at that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.