• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PRESIDENT Lincoln II

Good Evening,

I see a few mentions about reviews, well believe it or not I'm just a hobbyist with my own opinion.
I'm actually a Forman of an Engineering company and don't work in the radio industry at all.
My opinions are my own, if you agree fine, if you don't that's your choice.
I've been considering putting radios through tests with test gear I have (signal Gene ect).
But does the average 11 meter /CB Radio operator want to see these , or indeed understand about facts like SINAD and Signal to noise ratio?.
In the majority I don't think so .
That isn't saying lots aren't interested (or indeed don't understand), but many just wish to see how it works in the "Real World".
Anyway I've had a Lincoln II Version 3 for a little over a week now.
I sent my initial Lincoln II back for upgrades (as others have done in Europe) and it did come back a better radio for it.
Make up your own minds about the V-3, but IMO it seems sorted now and is a pleasure to use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D23fxIc48B8&list=UUNyuS1W7tdTKksTwTEU5JJA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hRNiTxTn_w&list=UUNyuS1W7tdTKksTwTEU5JJA

Nice to see your comments Jazzsinger, catch you soon :w00t:

Reactions: 2 people
President Lincoln II Version 3

Nice few video's moggy, Just got a V3 this week, and am quiet happy with it, another one to add to the collection. getting very good reports on it.Keep up the good work.

It's seems as more and more I am seeing the optima mk3 come to the top of the list for good radios. Peer pressure is setting in. It won't be long now, I know I am going to end up with one. Duster, do the ones from the eBay link you posted come shipped okay?? Meaning are they shipped out properly?? Have yet to buy from them yet. Just curious as to whether they are a decent seller. Thanks for the input. And at 275, I just don't think there is another radio in this price range with the build quality of the optima. I love my magnum 257hp, but am lured to the optima from all you guys speaking of it. Again thanks for any and all replies. God bless.

I haven't read if other units have this problem, but the minimum volume setting is much to loud. The volume pot turns an considerable amount before immediately becoming audible, but is to darn loud.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?