• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President lincoln Radio's?

trailboss

Apr 25, 2005
Gilbert, Az.
I have a President Lincoln radio that has been chipswitched, and I am getting ready to dust it off. I pulled out the old invoice, I paid $255.00 for it from Bander.com back in '02, so I was kind of curious as to what it would go for now...I don't see the radio available for any price on the net. Did the market dry up on importing them in?

I plan on hooking it up to my Shakespeare Big Army Stick, trying to figure out an inexpensive way to rotate it up, and get it out of the way when not transmitting, I live in an HOA.
Suggestions welcome.

Lurking around on the forum, it seems that the FCC is stepping up enforcement on freebanders..
icon8.gif

I'm keeping mine, even if I did want to sell it on fleabay, it would get cancelled. There are a lot of hams that try to become jr. FCC agents, and ebay is more than willing to accommodate them to chase that dream.

the price you get depends on who you are selling it to, and on what forum. here you will get good money, other places you'll be lucky to see $150 considering i just found 3 for less than, and 13 for more than $225.00. If it were mine I would keep it, I have a chip switched 2510, a regular 2510 and a spare for parts i don't use it anymore but i will never get out of them what i put in and they still work so i'll keep them. As far as the big stick you could make something like this http://www.dxengineering.com/Products.asp?ID=113&SecID=16&DeptID=8 or buy one (i would make it)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.