• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Madison / Galaxy FC-347 Hook Up?

Shadetree Mechanic

Delaware Base Station 808
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)
Hey guys,
Just picked up a President Madison for $50 from a local guy. It works great and even has upper channels. I already own the Galaxy FC-347 counter that I use on my Stryker 440. The Stryker doesn't need it so my question is:
Can anyone show me where to connect the wires of this counter on the Madison? This is what CB Tricks shows for the Cobra 148. They don't seem to have any info at all on the Madison.
Any help would be appreciated.
Chris

That radio is a bit tricky to hook up a counter to. The radio has an offset crystal for each mode so if you were to hook up a counter like the FC-347 or and FC-390, it will not display the frequency correctly between all 3 modes. You can set the counter to read right on AM, but on LSB it will display low, and on USB it will display high. The radio can have a counter hooked up to it, but just won't read correctly in all modes is all.

~Cheers~

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
STM,
I have no experience with this counter, but if what you are looking for is the connection point for Wire #2-White (from your diagram above) to VCO O/P (and O/P means Output?), that would be pin 17 of the PLL chip.
Lots of "ifs" in the above statement.

I believe Exit 13's statement of this counter not reading correctly in all modes as well. Seems this unit has 5 crystals in it.......... way over my head.

73's
David

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
A Paradynamics PDC-256 counter will display on this radio, but again, it won't read the sideband frequencies correctly. There really isn't a counter that you can buy that will display frequencies in all modes correctly. Between the 3 mode crystals and the 2 SSB offset crystals, that makes it about impossible for those kinds of counters to display the frequency correctly.

~Cheers~

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated