• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President McKinley adjustment pots ?

I finally have an update…for now.

I got frequency counter…those little handheld ones. Ya I know. Radio was off frequency on AM, lsb and usb by good numbers. Adjusted L306 for AM and got to 27.205011.

On lsb adjusting RT302 got me 27.204020 These numbers are the best I could get it…for now. It was super hard trying to get the numbers just right. Especially on LSB. On sideband the numbers jump drastically by barely moving the adjuster. I would adjust and put the lid back on.

I did make a contact with a fellow about 30 miles away on sideband and said I was on frequency. I will do some more contacts and see what the results are.

Talked to a station 60 miles away in Moreno Valley this evening on the ride home.

He was talking to a friend of his and told him he was off frequency. He sounded awesome!! Perfect!!! Let me ask him how my radio is. Called out, asked and he said I was hitting him with with a 9 signal and best of all ON FREQUENCY!!!! He gave me kudos on my mobile!!

Happy dance now!!!

Talked to a station 60 miles away in Moreno Valley this evening on the ride home.

He was talking to a friend of his and told him he was off frequency. He sounded awesome!! Perfect!!! Let me ask him how my radio is. Called out, asked and he said I was hitting him with with a 9 signal and best of all ON FREQUENCY!!!! He gave me kudos on my mobile!!

Happy dance now!!!
Sounds like you got it ironed out dude! Heck yeah, love it when a plan comes together.80b53e6b-f885-4a39-bdc9-19b319d80618_text.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?