• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Radio Repair Service

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Anyone know anything about this repair facility ?

Exit 42 Electronic
110 Lexus Drive
Troutman NC 28166

This is where President Radio want's me to send my faulty McKinley ( At My Expense ) for repair. I told them it would be cheaper to put it on my Anvil and hit it with my Big Hammer. I believe I am done with President Radio !

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

Anyone know anything about this repair facility ?

Exit 42 Electronic
110 Lexus Drive
Troutman NC 28166

This is where President Radio want's me to send my faulty McKinley ( At My Expense ) for repair. I told them it would be cheaper to put it on my Anvil and hit it with my Big Hammer. I believe I am done with President Radio !
I've never heard of it but if it's a repair facility for them it must be OK.

I myself have yet to be wow'd by a present day president radio and I own 2. Jmo

Randy
Richard
Once owned the Lincoln 2+ but sold it.

I myself have yet to be wow'd by a present day president radio and I own 2. Jmo
Can't say as I blame you ! That's why it took me so long to get involved with them the second time, because the First time I sensed Poor Customer service and I wasn't Wrong.

Have you tried to look it up on Google Maps or Google Earth?

It's on a dead-end street with no houses and a mobile home at the end that looks like it got moved, over the years, so as not to be seen from the main road. With the only business from the truck stop right next door.

Could you imagine getting directions to that place, hope your GPS can locate it!

Please do the video of the "Radio-on-the-Anvil" repair, (at your expense).

Thanks for the Idea. I'll try Google earth. My Anvil and Big Hammer has straightened out a number of items but some how I don't think that radio would make out too well. LOL

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I called and talked to him this morning. Sounds like he'd rather sell you a new Lincoln II+ ( A Salesman with a helper ) His name is Joe Ladd

Last edited:
Thats interesting. Mike's Radio Repair used to do President repairs as well. I am unsure if he still does. I wonder how President qualifies a repair shop? It seems that they are setting up a "factory" repair facility in the US but using existing shops.

Has anyone sent in a radio for repair and willing to share thier experience?

Has anyone sent in a radio for repair and willing to share thier experience?
President first had me send that McKinley to Custom Radio in Ind. and that shop made the alignment somewhat better but not perfect, and they didn't check the quality of transmit on SSB. That's why I took it to DTB Radio and they aligned it as close to perfect as it's been but that's where we discovered it had a distorted transmit in SSB Mode but was good in plain AM. I just got back from shipping it to NC so I hope this is the last ride for this radio or I'll be finished with President Radio unless they give me a New Radio That Works !

Reactions: walterjn
my lincoln v ii i bought from walcott.had tad o trouble. they told me try hard reset n if that didnt work they would send a pickup label n send me another radio. when i buy a new radio i scope dealers out n avoid those rv and trailer park kinda places

my lincoln v ii i bought from walcott.had tad o trouble. they told me try hard reset n if that didnt work they would send a pickup label n send me another radio. when i buy a new radio i scope dealers out n avoid those rv and trailer park kinda places

Well heck, sorry to hear you've got a dud. Seems president radios have been getting a little spot light here lately, wonder what's going on with them.

Hopefully they'll honor warranty and or repair whatever issues you're having.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
Well heck, sorry to hear you've got a dud. Seems president radios have been getting a little spot light here lately, wonder what's going on with them.

Hopefully they'll honor warranty and or repair whatever issues you're having.
Well it took some talking but I think I got it thru their head and it will reach their repair facility Monday on their nickle but talked to their repair man on the phone and get the impression he'd rather sell a New Lincoln II+ than fix the Old. Time will tell but you can't always be nice with these people. I think letting them know I'm a several Forum member helped make them Pay Attention. LOL

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated