• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Ronald swing mod

Nov 3, 2019
Look for information on a swing mod for a President Ronald. You know the radio, the one with no pots in it. Looking to be able to set a low dead key with healthy swing to drive a amp.
Thanks in advance,
Outlaw

Not sure for AM limiter, but if you are willing to test I can tell what to remove for a try.

View attachment 60619

View attachment 60620
Thanks sp5it, I’ll give it a try soon. On applying 13.8 V, should I cut the trace to isolate c143and c148? I’m not sure if I will remove the limiter but would like to see and hear the difference on this rig. R131 removal might take care of that. It seems to make sense on the schematic.

Not sure for AM limiter, but if you are willing to test I can tell what to remove for a try.

View attachment 60619

View attachment 60620
Is this for the newest version of the president ronald because i have anew one and the board is differant the audio limiter needs to come out but i cant find it online anywhere and the one posted in here is not the one i need the newest version is differa t

Ok i got the audio liniter removed now its got a houseful of audio thats not splattered now the swing mod .
I see your schematics but theyrs mo explanation or markings on how to perform npc mod
I d,

Look for information on a swing mod for a President Ronald. You know the radio, the one with no pots in it. Looking to be able to set a low dead key with healthy swing to drive a amp.
Thanks in advance,
Outl
I used a low wattage soldering iron but first i nice blob of flux on the actual resistor to be removed then i placed the tip of my low wattage iron right in the middle of the surface mount resistor until it got just warm enough to come loose the flux helped with that also
Remove R-131
Install 1n914 or 1n4148 diode, cathode to the center leg of AM regulator trace as pictured. Make sure you don't accidentally short the leads on the cap your soldering the anode end of the diode to.
Enter the service menu to set your power levelsIMG_20231205_134201_947.jpgIMG_20231205_133937_427.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.