• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Washington d858

Well, let's see you could start at the pre-driver and make sure you have 27megs being delivered to the base of the pre-driver transistor. If not then you should check the transmit mixer stage and make sure your oscillator frequencies are present if they are but you have no 27 megs at the FET mixer just after L36 then obviously you have issues with the mixer stage could be a bad L36 could be a bad FET.

Or you could just go right to the driver transistor and avoid all that other stuff because it could be a bad driver.

It could even be there is no voltage being delivered to the collectors which brings up the question is it developing any power on SSB?
because if it is then it could be the regulator transistor of AM power.

I'm tired we are going to bed???

Well, let's see you could start at the pre-driver and make sure you have 27megs being delivered to the base of the pre-driver transistor. If not then you should check the transmit mixer stage and make sure your oscillator frequencies are present if they are but you have no 27 megs at the FET mixer just after L36 then obviously you have issues with the mixer stage could be a bad L36 could be a bad FET.

Or you could just go right to the driver transistor and avoid all that other stuff because it could be a bad driver.

It could even be there is no voltage being delivered to the collectors which brings up the question is it developing any power on SSB?

I ordered L35 & L36 from Ken electronics and I installed them last week.

Well, when running a hot little motor - need a set of gauges to keep an eye on the supply...

Tx light does work

How the voltages at the Mixer?

The Pin-out voltages - are they too high or too low? In TX mode?

My power supply is saying it’s pushing out 36 watts on am

So far so good. On frequency right?

The rest presumes it's been recapped and the "New Radio Smell" scenty has been replaced with a Fresh Pine dongle...
upload_2021-8-10_7-18-19.png
KEEP YOUR EYES ON THE ROAD!
Pay Attention!

Getting 8V on the TX rail at the Pre-Driver on down to the Driver and Final? (AM side seems to prove this so proceed)

36 "watts" means it's gobbling up about 2 to 3 amps to make the TX side work, but no 27MHz...

You are looking for Mods that may have been there, now removed - properly? Radio seems to operate just no power... Mods can upset the apple cart here - Fix it - if it ain't right.

AM Regulator sending power to the test points?

Can you get 12V to them in SSB modes?

Check, and if needed, before it blows up - check the output network - make sure you didn't buy a radio struck by a power line or lightning strike frying out the LPF and 50 ohm section back there.

my first gen washington did this once,, it was the little blue cap close to finals, it seems the fix was just remove this cap,, my washington still moving on,,, if we still had cb tricks forums there is a post about me fixing this problem,,,,, but alas some one killed the cb tricks forums,,,,

Will check when I get home thanks I’ll report back

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated