• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Price guide for dual band mobile.

KC2ZPK

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 15, 2010
I am looking into getting a 144/444 dual band mobile with dual recieve and crossband repeater. What neighborhood I am looking at price wise. This would most likely be a used purchase, unless the Wouxun dual band mobile comes out soon, and it has dual band cross repeat.

FT-8800R $429.95
Icom 2410H not made anymore $415
Icom IC-2720 no longer made, no idea on price
Alinco DR-605T no longer made, no idea on price

crossband repeat seems less popular than it was at one time.

Last edited:
FT-8800R $429.95
Icom 2410H not made anymore $415
Icom IC-2720 no longer made, no idea on price
Alinco DR-605T no longer made, no idea on price

crossband repeat seems less popular than it was at one time.

Crossband is not a 'must have' but would be nice, full duplex is a must, if that opens the playing field.
The link for the Icom goes to a Kenwood, but I'll look up the Icom.

Full duplex on the same band? You mean a repeater?

Sorry, I mis-spoke. Full duplex when working the sats, AO-51, ISS, etc.... Being able to hear your own transmission in the downlink, when the downlink is on 70cm, and uplink is 2M.

Oh yes, dual receive.

I think a Yaesu FT-5100 or 5200 will do this.

I have an Icom IC-2720 around $250 when you can find them, one thought when you transmit on one side the other side mutes so if you want to listen as you are transmiting you would probably need two radios.

I have an Icom IC-2720 around $250 when you can find them, one thought when you transmit on one side the other side mutes so if you want to listen as you are transmiting you would probably need two radios.

It was my understanding that some radios would not mute the second receiver?? :confused:

ok, I went out and got the Kenwood TM-D710. So far it is a neat little radio :) I just have to make up an extension for the the mic cable, then mount the unit under the seat, then find a mounting solution for the head unit. Tracking down a programming cable locally was impossible, so I wound up ordering a 8 Pin mini din cable online, and grafting a DB-9 on one end. I can't see paying $45+ for a programming cable that cost me <$10 to make!

LOL :LOL: You might want to look at your 2720 manual. Go to page 63. Then read "Sub Band Mute". This radio makes a GREAT Bird hunter. And YES! It IS FULL DUPLEX!

did ya get a chance to listen to the AO-51 replay to see if you got into it while /M?

BTW: many people haven't heard this yet, due to on board power restrictions, AO-51 now requires a 67 Hz tone to open the RX

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.