• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

programming yaesu 1900r

918Oklahoma

KG5FLM
Dec 5, 2014
Bartlesville, OK
Hey guys, i just got my tech license about 10 days ago but havent gotten on the air yet. Cant figure out how to program the local repeater into my Yaesu 1900r so that i can transmit

i want to do this without spending the 50 bux on the software and cord, i know it can be done, im sure some of you have done it. Any help would be appreciated.

I think im figuring it out using the manual. Ive gotten the local repeater to save as a memory preset, got the TX frequency programmed in and saved so that when i key up it changes to the TX frequency. i saved the PL as 88.5 like it says in the repeater book... is this all i need to do, program the info repeaterbook Gives me?

Only thing im really confused about is setting the CTCSS/DCS/EPCS. if a repeater uses any of these, it will display the info in the repeater look up correct? If it only lists a PL tone and a frequency split, thats the only info i need to program in correct?

I think im figuring it out using the manual. Ive gotten the local repeater to save as a memory preset, got the TX frequency programmed in and saved so that when i key up it changes to the TX frequency. i saved the PL as 88.5 like it says in the repeater book... is this all i need to do, program the info repeaterbook Gives me?

Only thing im really confused about is setting the CTCSS/DCS/EPCS. if a repeater uses any of these, it will display the info in the repeater look up correct? If it only lists a PL tone and a frequency split, thats the only info i need to program in correct?
That's pretty well it. Have you tried talking to someone yet? Also sometimes the owners of the repeater upgrade things and it doesn't make it into the repeater
book.

If you've saved the PL, RX/TX freqs (or the repeater's TX freq, +/- duplex & offset freq) into memory, you should be good to go.

If the PL is all that's listed, that's all you need. CTCSS (if the repeater has one set) keeps your radio squelched unless the repeater is transmitting. This simply keeps you from hearing other noise on the repeater's output if there is noise present.

DCS is basically just a digital form of a PL tone. If a repeater is using a DCS, it will be listed as such rather than a PL tone. They don't do both, it's one or the other.

Reactions: 918Oklahoma
...Only thing im really confused about is setting the CTCSS/DCS/EPCS. if a repeater uses any of these, it will display the info in the repeater look up correct? If it only lists a PL tone and a frequency split, thats the only info i need to program in correct?

I assume you are using the W5NS VHF repeater @ 146.655,.... a minus offset and the 88.5 PL should be all you will need.

you might want to drop into the clubs next meeting and say "hello"
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...i4GgAQ&usg=AFQjCNH1Lx6Al_4izVcySmt-i1uslh1CiQ

Reactions: 918Oklahoma
http://www.artscipub.com/repeaters/search/index.asp?state=Oklahoma&band=2

From list looks like the note states TX/RX which they may have added a PL output but you only need to add that if you want to "lock out" listening to other systems on same freq. (don't recommend)
Also don't forget to load simplex freq's like:
no shifts or tones required....these are direct... I'm sure you might hear traffic on these also....mobile or with even a 1/4 GP outside antenna...
Welcome to RADIOFUN...
GL
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Hey guys, i just got my tech license about 10 days ago but havent gotten on the air yet. Cant figure out how to program the local repeater into my Yaesu 1900r so that i can transmit

i want to do this without spending the 50 bux on the software and cord, i know it can be done, im sure some of you have done it. Any help would be appreciated.
I had the same problem on the 2900 . Once you put in the tone etc. you have to save it into one of the memory channels. Not hard to do. I went by the book and performed it ok.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.