• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Proud to be an american

bcrewcaptain

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 6, 2005
Central Va
Regardless to what the foolish media may say, made me DAMn proud to be an american after watching the convoy roll into the New Orleans area.
While it may seem like forever to those on the ground, its an AMAZING show of what can be done in such short a time....
God bless everyone involved....

That's a big ten four rubber ducky !! We got ourselves a Convoy ......I said in a earlier post how truly Proud we are as Americans ....I still don't understand when "We" get offered help from other countrys "We" say no ? but yet when the $hit hits the fan elsewhere ,it's almost as if "We" are the first ones there ? Just "Who" is it that "We" are helping here ?...."Ourselves" ? .....What has taken the Bush administration so long to react to all of this ? ....The folks with money got the hell out of there quick like ....plenty of money to survive there after ......were's all that Republican money ? Who was left there to be the unfortunate riders of the storm ? ...The poor !! )-: ....the rich get richer and the poor get poorer )-: if some of us didn't decide to look out for one another ...(by the grace of kind hearted understanding people and God) I think we would truly be in a heep of $hit !! and then some. Sometimes it just makes me wonder just how truly proud I am to be an American from time to time ? This is truly a travisty ....Americans reffered to a refugees ? ....I thank my God that I only will have to deal with this dude for 3 more years ,God willing I live that long.......

I am proud to be a American.
A self reliant American.

An American that can provide for himself.
An American that can decide when it is time to stay,
and when it is time to go.

An American that has taken survival courses, learned to fish & hunt, learned to fight & shoot, learned to defend himself.

I am proud to be an American that doesn't need a government agency to tell me what to do, when to do it and then give me a check for doing what they say.

I am proud to be an American, who along with other hard working Americans, has paid taxes which have gone to support less fortunate people, and continue to do so during this natural disaster in the Gulf states.

I am NOT proud to be an American when I hear people and the media blame this stuff on the federal government, because as true Americans, you should not be so dependent on governmental agencies to assist you, as you should be on yourself and you neighbor.

This situation is just a telling example of what has happened to mankind in this country when the government raises people, feeds people, supports people, provides heathcare for people, tells people what and when to think, and then buries people when they pass.

Those that I hear blaming the "government" for this disaster are also complaining about the government's "slow response" to the disaster, the government's "failure" to prevent the disaster, etc. You are getting those ideas from the media. The media is telling you what to think, how to feel, how to react.
If you feel that there is not enough being done, then you go there to help, you offer your home to some displaced victims.
Do something more than bitch about it, and for God's sake, think for yourself.

I surely hope we, as a nation, take this sad chapter in our history, and learn that to be a strong nation, we MUST teach people of all economical classes to become self reliant and self sustaining. I truely hope that those who lost everything in this disaster, that are physically able, are willing to work to clean up and rebuild their homes and those of their neighbors.

The enemies of the nation now see how weak & divided we are.
They see how immoral we are, when there are those who would take advantage of this disaster by looting, raping, shooting at rescue workers, etc. They see how slow government moves, because of bureacratic red tape.

The media has done an incredible disservice to us by alleging the aftermath is the result of government not reacting because those left behind are black and poor. The Government (really, you the taxpayer) has probably been paying for many of the services these people have received. I am insulted and now refuse to watch any further coverage of this episode.

This is not the result of racial/economic prejudice.
It is the result of not teaching every American to be morally strong and self reliant.

We sit on the edge of a new beginning here, and the next step we take is critical to our future. I suggest we all come together, stop blaming the government, George Bush, the Republican or Democratic party, and instead, get people organized, get them working on clean up and rebuilding, teach people new skills, give people hope, and show the world that we can still rise to the occasion.

Instead of people standing around in a crisis yelling "help me" we can come out of this teaching people to "help themselves" and we will all be proud to be an American.

Check out this link on CNN What is being said vs. what is going on

OK for give me but I just don't understand something.Once a place is declared a disaster area what is up with the bullshit that the feds can't send in aid until it is officially and specifically asked for by the governor etc? There were all kinds of emergency rescue equipment available within 24 hours that home land security had stockpiled but would not send until asked specifically for.Were there not requests for ANY and ALL aid available.The fact that FEMA director Brown says that he only heard about conditions at the Convention Center on Thursday is appalling.I heard about it up here on the news on Wednesday.Also he stated that he had no reports of uncollected corpses while on Tuesday the news stated that rescue people were marking houses and buildings with black "X's" to designate bodies were inside and that there was no collection of them.The effort was for rescue not recovery.I seems that the only people that are saying things are going well are those whose asses are on the line if they don't go well.I know a lot of you may have a differant opinion but I think the mayor of New Orleans at least has the right idea of what needs to be done and when.It is interesting to note that Bush visited the area,but not downtown New Orleans,after mayor Nagin said that a 35 minute flyover in Air Force One was useless and Bush should get his boots on and come down to the city.I know that things take a while to get going but I still can't understand the "We have everthing you need but you have to ask for it speciffically first" attitude.It is obvious that basic needs are not being met and that should be handled immediately without question.The feds did not wait for a wish list from South Asia after last year's tsunami.

You know what irks me is how a number of black politicians can get together and claim this is a racial thing. Why can't they get together and help. Have we seen any Rainbow Coilition buses show up yet. Hey Jessie come off of some of that money to help. Right now we need to put out the fires, not fan them.
My prayers are with those in need and with those that are doing what they can to help. Those that are stirring things up and taking advantage of others should remember what comes round goes round.
Also we are to quit calling those displaced, refugees , we are now to use the term survivors. Again this from outsiders, bet they don't care what you call them as long as you help them.

Best to extend a helping hand and save the hot air for when its needed. You can't help anyone by beating them down. And when that hand is extended do you think anyone cares what color it is.

Bet there was lots that could have been done that wasn't and even think there are some things being done that should not. But it is getting done and in the end all will be better.

thank you

ya thank you all for your suppoert we sent almost a battiolin worth of soldiers over luisania from tx task force eagle chinkooks and black hawaks and a few engaienr copanys sorry about the spelling

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.