• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about final for Dwight D

parkair

Jan 15, 2006
Near Austin, Texas
I think the final went out on the Dwight D. Out-put power is about a 1/4 watt. On a heat sink there is a transistor C1969 (that must be the final) also there is one marked C2028/2, is that the driver ? Should I replace both or just the final ? Thanks.

Both would be the best , but I've changed just finals before without any problems , if you got both that you need , by all means both then. A 1/4 watt huh ? Hows your match ? I saw something simlar to that a while back on a old Navaho , this thing was surely dogsville !! Maybe 1 to 3 and that's all I could get out of it )-: Changed the final and walla !! (It turned out that he had a short in one of his jumpers that more then likely caused the problem ,that's why I asked you about your match , didn't you just get that Dwight ?) So the Dwight is a SSB radio ? Hmmmm

It's a AM radio only, it was keying 6 and swinging to 10. The wife thought she would do me a favor and turn the little amp off during the day and did not turn it back on when she called for me, it does not have a standby mode, oops ! I looked in a H&Y cat. and could not find the driver for sale but did find the final, is a 1/4 watt about right for the driver ? thanks for your help.

reason I asked you if it was SSB , which I thought it wasn't , was because you said it had the 1969 final in it with the C2028/2 for the driver . These are usually in SSB type radios with the 1969s in them even though they usually have the 2166 for the drivers. ,IF not ? it's new to me,unless it was changed before you got it ? . Interesting ? If I did my homework right the 2028 is a 1 watt where the 1969 is a 16 watt ..1969's are geting a little harder to get these days but you can get both in a NTE product style .......1969 = NTE236 and the 2028 = NTE373 ...or maybe you got an old parts radio laying radio you might be able to use ? I also here that the EKL's are a good switch over. EKL's

I heard the ELKs were good to, but ELK says theirs are not exact electrical equivalents to the 1969, just the same pin set up. Would that mean they require a different mod set-up than the 1969? I haven't used them, but I thought it would be worth mentioning. Hopefully someone will chime in and tell us if the ELK part can be used exactly in place of the 1969, or if other changes to the mod need to be made.

IM guessing ? that the Dwight D did not originally come with that 1969 , so I don't see why the ELK's wouldn't work in that radio ? and if I recall , the elk's were to replace the 1969 mod's that tech's were doing beings that they stopped making 1969's......I know there are other replacements out there, I honestly do not know what the best would be ? I use amps 90% of the time so the original finals usually work just fine for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.