• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about tires

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Well i got some tires but i need to know if the will fit on rally rims. I have 33-12.5-15 tires with almost brand new tread on them. Just wanted to know if they would fit on the rally rims. If they do they i will put them on tomorrow! Thanks CDX197

i was checking out how the tire was put on the other tire. The rim was the same size as mine but the tire twords the top came out around 2 inches. Really wide on top and really small twords the rim. But ill try it out and tell you all what happens! CDX197

and less chance of the POOF while you're driving..hehe
I did. Going down the interstate talking on the cb when it happend. Had a traffic jam behind me because tire was going everywere. The metal inside were the tire was bent the fender on both side. Tire had good tread on it. Just must of got hot going close to 80. :? I have some 31's out side that are on 6 bolt rims. I need to change it before i travel again!!

just gota watch airing down, is realy easy to pop a bead when on an 8 inch rim

Sorry, that's incorrect. I run 33x1250x15's on an 8" wheel on my jeep. I actually offroad and rockcrawl with it and frequently air it down to 12 psi, and often below.

FWIW, most off road articles I have ever read in Peterson's Off Road or JP magazine recommend running that size tire on 8" wheel. The reason is because as you air down, it creates more of a balloon effect with the tire, causing better flex and tread pattern on the rough stuff. Also, you are LESS likely to blow a bead because of the balloon effect than if you have a wider wheel. At least that's what I've read in many of the off road rags....

Hey Mole , How much lift did it take to run the 33's own your Jeep ? I have a 91 Wrangler and would like to go with 33's .

Moleculo...Could you run say 35" tires off of 16x8" rims???
safely???

If I remember correctly, you can't get a 35" tire for a 16" wheel. You have to look up the equivalent metric tire size. I have the equivalent in a Jeep magazine somewhere, but it would be faster to just call the tire shop and ask them.

But the answer is yes, you can run a 35" equivalent size tire on 16x8....a lot of jeep guys do that. A lot also run 35" on 15x8, as well.

Hey Mole , How much lift did it take to run the 33's own your Jeep ? I have a 91 Wrangler and would like to go with 33's .

Well, mine's a TJ so the requirements are different. You need 3" of lift to adequately clear on a TJ. I went with 4.5" because I wanted to maintain the wheel well clearance and gain a little more.

for a YJ, you need 4" of lift to adequately clear. My buddy has a YJ, and he did 4" and also reverse shackles and he has plenty of tire clearance.

Don't forget, you're going to need to regear to lay down that big rubber on the road....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.