• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question on a Siltronix box I have.....

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
A few years back one of my son's friend's dad died of a heart attack while working on CBs in his mobile service van. His wife gave a couple of boxes of radio related stuff to my son. He took a few things and offered me some of what was left.

One of the things I wound up with is a Siltronix FD-1011. It looks like a frequency counter...but doesn't connect like one. It is A/C or D/C powered and has a weird looking connection cable that has BOTH an RCA connector then spins off to a 1/8" mono phone plug.

Is this something that only works with a Siltronix radio? I had never seen one before. It has just been sitting in a box for the last couple of years and today I was cleaning up my radio/tech bench room and ran across it. Not having a Siltronix radio.... I can't do anything more than power it on...which I have not done yet......

I was just curious about it and thought I might find an answer here!

Bob

The mini phone plug mated with a socket on the rear of the Siltronix model 1011D "10-meter" (wink) transceiver. The socket provided a sample of the radio's VFO signal. It has the radio's internal carrier-offset frequency programmed into it, to display your receive frequency full time. Never have encountered another radio it will work with.

Reactions: guitar_199
I appreciate that info. So THIS device handles the offset.... meaning that "offset" is applied to any frequency applied to it..... making it "odd/incorrect" for any other radio.
Okay! Now I know.

Thanks for taking the time!
Bob

I don't know about that. I've never sold a thing on Ebay and, from what I am reading here lately, I don't know if I want to start.

I could test it and see if it will even power up and respond to a signal generator but (in a technical sense) I can not "swear that it works" as I have not SEEN it work ON a radio. Besides I hear too many stories of people buying something... then complaining to Ebay that it didn't work... and Ebay gives them their money back whether it works or not.I just don't know that I want to get anywhere near that "briar patch".

It is valuable to someone with the Siltronix 1011Drifter radio. Put it on eBay. You may be surprised.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.