• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

question reguarding a interceptor power pro RX amp

CHARLEYMARBLES

Jul 2, 2005
Central Michigan
I have an interceptor power pro RX it has 2 6je6c tubes. Now i was told those were 100 watt tubes but i never got more than about 100 watts outta the amp. So the question is do i have weak tubes or was someone just blowing smoke up my butt?And what should this amp do realisticaly? thanx in advance :D

chuck

Or, is it the wattmeter that's blowing smoke up YOUR butt?

You still haven't said what kind of meter you used, either here, or the other post about this box.

Might be all you'll ever see with that (unknown) meter and that (unspecified) radio.

There's more to it than JUST the amplifier. The radio and the meter both have a big influence.

Weak tubes? The only way to tell for sure is to compare what you get with a pair of new, strong tubes. Tube testers are typically not too good for predicting the upper power limit on a sweep tube. The amplifier is the final "test" for where a 6LQ6 tube tops out.

i wonder if you got that on ebay a little while back??there was a real nice clean one for sale.2 6lq6 tubes should do 300 pep easy ..maybe 350...maybe you have a average reading meter?if your keying 100 you may be driving it too hard.give a good steady aaaahhhhhhhh into the mic while you adjust the tune n load controls for max swing .....max swing is the key ..never mind the dead key.after you do this you may only key 50-75 watts but your swing will be much better.i am thinking you have a rms meter which reads average power .if thats the case 100 may be right

Reactions: gburns63
Most ever TR-1000 I have ever seen were "Very Friendly".....so i would say the tubes are weak,,,Sorry just my opinion,,,but that meter with up to snuff tubes would show alot more than that...

rfpoerman 8)

OK Thanx RFpowerman thats what i thought guess i'll have to add tubes to my list of stuff i need to get the old base back up to snuff ;) I packed it up about 6 years ago when my first dautgher was born,just didn't have the room for a radio room :cry: But now that i bought the new house I got an area for MY stuff :D Now all I gotta do is figure outt what i'm gonna run on the tower for an attenna? any thoughts ?

Chuck

just purchased one of these and previous owner swears it will do 140 but all i get is 60 watts? where can i find new tubes for this? does yours say antenna and lplate instead of tune and load? which do we do firsrt teh antenna or plate?
thanks for ANY ehelp and did you ever find a manual/
Thanks
sonny

Oil2gas, this thread is 7 years old, and Charly has not posted here on the forum in over a year.

That said fiest I would make sure you are doing the tune and load process correctly. As far as tubes, heck first step would be an E-Bay search and after that try a Google search. Just type in the tube number.

Update: OK I went to E-bay and searched for 6je6c tube, there is a crap load of them for sale

Thanks and I need to remember that just because there is a comment ....that it could be a old comment but that goes whenever you get a piesce of equipment and want to use it and for now just using the new purchase a sonar fs 2340 and have had dood luck doing skip without the amp ...will do more research on the user manual first and then chase the tubes
Is this country great or what

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.