• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

question?

n0zna

Digital master
Nov 3, 2008
Missouri south of St Louis
I did some trading with a friend in Canada
,and its in customs.Never had that hapen.How long does it take?And will there be extra charges?Its a legit Heathkit hw5400,and i got the mic yesterday,no problems.73 de n0zna

Depending how you sent it it can sit for a while and there may be import fees to be paid by the other ham to claim the item. Was the package marked as a "gift" or "amateur radio equipment"? It's been while since I've traded with a Canadian ham but I think there's a special rule now for ham radio equipment is it's marked on the customs form you filled out and on the package itself.

I traded some gear to a ham in Canada for a Knwd TS-850 and I just marked "GIFT" on the outside of the package and on the customs form. It was an even trade with no money changing hands. It went right through customs to him with no delays. The rig coming to me got stuck for a few days but did make it through within a week.

I did some trading with a friend in Canada
,and its in customs.Never had that hapen.How long does it take?And will there be extra charges?Its a legit Heathkit hw5400,and i got the mic yesterday,no problems.73 de n0zna

From my experience it can take a week to get through customs depending on the time of year.

Sent from my GT-S5690M using Tapatalk 2

You mean the stuff you sent him is in Canadian customs? Routine thing. If it was sent USPS then Canada Post brokers it across the border and it is all handled via the postal system. Usually no charges especially if the declared value is low. As for time, Binrat must have a connection at Canada Post. My experience is it can take anywhere from a day or two to a week or two depending on time of year, position of the sun in relation to the sorting room windows, proximity of the postal sorting station to a coffee shop, and the alignment of the planets. That pretty much seems the way Canada Customs and Canada Post works.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.