• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question.

frmboybuck said:
Well in "life and limb" operations, the rest of us also have privaliges there. Those freqs get used maybe, once in a blue moon and if I heard them on there I would cease operation immediatly. I just get tired of the holier than thou attitude of CW and bandaid.....Once again, they also break the law everyday.

Nope. FCC does not consider it to be legal to transmit on a freq a station has no licene for. There have been several incidents where hams used mofified radios in what they considered emergencies on police freqs. FCC cited them for doing so.It's a myth that anybody can do this. You and I and everyone else have no privileges out of band in emergnecies. The rule is that IN BAHD transmissions may be made by anyone in emergencies. A no code Tech, for example could legally use 10 meters to do so if he couldn't get an answer on his legal freqs. A nvoice could use 2 meters. A non-ham could use a ham radio in band to call for help.

And you are quite wrong if you think I speed every day. I no longer drive. I voluntarily turned in my driver's license a few years back because the cells in my retinas are dying and I'm losing my vision.

Here we go again with this I'm a ham and I will take your pic and get you fined trash, BULL HOOYEY, I don't care what class ticket you got and how far you chased said trucker you don't have the authority to do anything other than tell on him, then its just doubtfull that the fcc will act on one report, and if they do it will be only a warning, BIG DEAL. UPS and all these other trucking firms got warnings, ups did warn the drivers maybe some of the others did also. I'm not saying it's ok to be on ten or anywhere else without a ticket or where you don't belong, just saying that all these scare tactics are bull, and just play into the Image that all hams are snobs and are just interested in turning people in. When we should be interested in getting more people involved in the hobby

One more thought, while your out with that cam better be careful where you stick it, being that them semi's are quite a bit bigger than your car or pickup you might end up with more problems than him talking on ten! :LOL:

yama junk owna said:
Here we go again with this I'm a ham and I will take your pic and get you fined trash, BULL HOOYEY, I don't care what class ticket you got and how far you chased said trucker you don't have the authority to do anything other than tell on him, then its just doubtfull that the fcc will act on one report, and if they do it will be only a warning, BIG DEAL. UPS and all these other trucking firms got warnings, ups did warn the drivers maybe some of the others did also. I'm not saying it's ok to be on ten or anywhere else without a ticket or where you don't belong, just saying that all these scare tactics are bull, and just play into the Image that all hams are snobs and are just interested in turning people in. When we should be interested in getting more people involved in the hobby

No, it's documented somewhere. Some hams did track someone down, gathered audio and video evidence and the FCC fined the subject. I will see if I can find it and will post the location.

But since the pirates claim it is no big deal to operate where they're not supposed to, and they know this and they firmly believe they'll never get caught, it may be just the thing to do from now on.

The comedy writings the pirates are posting trying to justify their behavior is classic. "It's the mean hams' fault." That's a typical sort of reaction a juvenile would put forth that it was the " mean policeman's fault" that they got caught and charged for one thing or another. 17 long, weary year' worth of stuff like this I heard in the jjuvenile court system. A mature adult takes responsibility for his actions and doesn't try to raise a lot of BS to justify wrongdoing. Not a single, original reaction from any of them.

Shrug..

Bandaid you are correct. you should also take some of your own advice and stop the B.S. postings all over the web about ten meters that you and c w post.

And how is it "BS"?

People began showing up on 10 Meters.

The L E G I T I M A T E users of 28 MHZ didn't like it.

They began to complain to the authorities whose job it is to
stop it.

Because of budget constraints, FCC didn't/doesn't have the manpower to go after ALL of the offenders.

Riley Hollingsworth did promise to do something about it and he DID!

He also asked the hams themselves to assist in identifying the offenders.

They DID! Over a two year period, there was at least ONE trucking company almost every week appearing on the RainReport, and ARRL Enforcement Log.

Those reports resulted in those warnings. At first, the newsgroup(s) and their readers laughed loudly. Then they attacked anyone that presented the info to them---even banning some of the posters who were merely trying to let people know that they could, indeed, get into trouble over this
activity. And they also screamed about how "them mean ole hams" just hated truckers, how they were stuck up and "elitist". They moaned about how "we cain't see no harm in us usin' them channels" and "We NEED them channels to git away fum the hash and trash". "HIT AIN'T FAIR"!''

So how is it B S? People (hams) visited the trucking websites and told 'em that it was coming and they laughed and insulted. When the warnings and citations came, they yelled and squirmed.

But it DID have an effect. *Some* of the lessening activity is due to the lack of 'skip'; the rest is due to these warnings. *LOCAL* activity has decreased dramatically as it is now possible to drive the interstate without hearing a trucker right beside you yapping on 28 MHZ. You can hear the occasional far away driver, but not a regular diet of illegal chatter on 10 Meters. *Something* worked. The reduction of the thieving and filching of Amateur frequencies is all we were after. So where is the BS? If just ONE person is educated to the myth of "extra" channels, then it is a success! :D If 100 people learn that it is NOT OK to flip those "band" switches because they might actually get nailed, it is a GREAT success. Is it not fair to let people know that there ARE no so-called 'extra' channels for CB? That, in fact, they will get in trouble if they mess with the ham bands OR the CAP frequencies down on 26 MHZ? After all, they have been led to believe by myth and CB legend that such is OK and that the "former" (NOT!) users of those frequencies "abandoned" them long ago, right?

So WHERE is the BS? Where is the mis-truth? :?

CWM

todt061458 said:
Bandaid you are correct. you should also take some of your own advice and stop the B.S. postings all over the web about ten meters that you and c w post.

FI'm posting facts. And this site is the only one I'm discussing illegal ten meter pirate operations. I you don't lilke what I say, tough sh!t

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated