• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question.

Blah, blah, blah......So tell me Bandaid or CW, What would you do if you were crusing the bands and caught a conversation between 3 or 4 truckers on 28MHz?? Just curious

This has never been about right or wrong or who is talking where and pissing off who.These guys hate truckers pure and simple,nothing more nothing less.If not then why else would CW be a member over on a trucker forum posting the same kind of crap over and over,just to piss off truckers what else.CW or none of the others that live to post this crap sure as hell are not trying to help anyone only to talk to drivers or about a driver like they are lower then dogs.
You want to put the blame on us poor old stupid truckers but instead why dont you call your beloved FCC and bitch to them for letting this "problem" as you say go on for so long.Or maybe you guys should stop in at your local truck stop and go in a have a seat and tell drivers what may happen if they get caught with those extra channels but be sure to let me know when and where you do this.I would love to be there to see it!
Maybe all of you trucker hating hams out there should start your own forum and i have even got the name for it.Call it the....perfect ham operators agianst truckers radio forum.

What a joke some of you guys are.....i tell you what.Live in your little perfect world....scan the net day in and day out for any and all info you can find about truckers/cbers this and that and post to your fingers bleed.I on the other hand have better things to do with my time!

King Mudduck said:
This has never been about right or wrong or who is talking where and pissing off who.These guys hate truckers pure and simple,nothing more nothing less.If not then why else would CW be a member over on a trucker forum posting the same kind of crap over and over,just to piss off truckers what else.CW or none of the others that live to post this crap sure as hell are not trying to help anyone only to talk to drivers or about a driver like they are lower then dogs.
You want to put the blame on us poor old stupid truckers but instead why dont you call your beloved FCC and bitch to them for letting this "problem" as you say go on for so long.Or maybe you guys should stop in at your local truck stop and go in a have a seat and tell drivers what may happen if they get caught with those extra channels but be sure to let me know when and where you do this.I would love to be there to see it!
Maybe all of you trucker hating hams out there should start your own forum and i have even got the name for it.Call it the....perfect ham operators agianst truckers radio forum.

What a joke some of you guys are.....i tell you what.Live in your little perfect world....scan the net day in and day out for any and all info you can find about truckers/cbers this and that and post to your fingers bleed.I on the other hand have better things to do with my time!

This has absolutely everything to do with right and wrong. If you operate outside of the 40 channels, you're breaking the law. You have no business on 26 or 28 mhz without the applicable license. You are trespassing on other people's legal use of those freqs. I don't care if you are a trucker or a boy scout. If you're on a ham frequency without a license you are doing wrong.

Look, I had to take and pass two written tests that totaled 85 questions on radio and electronic theory and rules and regulations.Plus pass a 13 word per minute, five minute=long morse code test to operte on 26 and 28 mhz. I had to EARN the right to transmit there. You've earned nothing.

I have no hate towards truck drivers. I don't know where you get that from, but I have no admiration for people who take what does not belong to them and refuse to acknowledge that they are breaking the law by doing so. Shrug.

frmboybuck said:
Blah, blah, blah......So tell me Bandaid or CW, What would you do if you were crusing the bands and caught a conversation between 3 or 4 truckers on 28MHz?? Just curious

Oh, I dunno, what I would do. It depends on the unique set of cermcumstance. Fut some pirate operators on 10 meters were operating mobile one time. A group of hams DF's them, located them on the road and videotaped them talking out of band. It was turned over to the FCC and the drivers were all sent enforcement letters and $10,000 fines. Other truckers have been located in the past who were driving company trucks who got videotaped. The companies were informed by the FCC that their drivers were using illegal radios and the companies issued policies. No illegal radios permitted. If you use em, you're fired.

Sometimes you may get burned.

Some ham have been known to transmit overtop of illegal operators on ham bands. Licensed stations could just transmit overtop the intruders. The illegal stations have no protection from interference sent by a ham licensed to use the band. A standard dgital CQ at high power would discourage the conversation..

RYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRYRY
CQ CQ CQ DE (MYCALL) (MYCALL) (MYCALL)
CQ CQ CQ DE (MYCALL) (MYCALL) (MYCALL)
CQ CQ CQ DE (MYCALL) (MYCALL) (MYCALL) K on AMTOR would stop the conversation. And it can be legally repeated until someone answers the CQ.

Just keep in mind that I am licensed and permitted to transmit there and I may only talk to licensed stations using whatever transmitting modes allowed on the freqs. If someone were on 28.085 AM or SSB, I am not allowed by the FCC to talk with that person. The freq is CW and data only, and I am not allowed to talk to unlicensed stations.

You can never know if bunch of pissed-off hams may be tracking you down with video. It's not really difficult to locate moving stations but it does require teamwork.

Simple question. Where does it say on your license that you may inforce any laws put in force by the fcc? (you can't)
CW and Bandaid kid you are not federal law inforcement officers all you are ALLOWED to do is observe and report what you think are violations in the ham bands.
You have no rights anywhere else!No other radio services are your business. So why than bring up 26.00 MHZ?
How dull both of your lives must be.

todt061458 said:
Simple question. Where does it say on your license that you may inforce any laws put in force by the fcc? (you can't)
CW and Bandaid kid you are not federal law inforcement officers all you are ALLOWED to do is observe and report what you think are violations in the ham bands.
You have no rights anywhere else!No other radio services are your business. So why than bring up 26.00 MHZ?
How dull both of your lives must be.

Who's enforcing anything?

The original poster apparently thinks he's okay since he's using 26 megs and not 28.

If I were to find concrete evidence that an intruder on 10 meters was located in a specific area and was a specific person, you're dammed right I would submit it to the FCC for enforcement. If an illegal station was on a ham band, would I jam it? Shrug...I could. What's the illegal station going to do? Make a complaint to the FCC about it? If I am careful to observe all rules - including station ID, I can do whatever I wish to do there. Including transmitting over illegal signals.

You can deny the realities all you want. The simple fact remains that without a license to transmit there, you're breaking the law and deserve whatever negative consequences you get.

Blah, blah, blah.....No one cares about being illegal or not. If they did they would not speed, refuse to wear their seatbelt, fuel their vehicles with the motor running,....ETC. Its all illegal. You ever drove over the speed limit Bandaid?? How about you CW??? Thats what I thought. You break the rules just like the guys who talk on 28MHz. Illegal is illegal!

Ok, I think we get were each of you is comming from.
So have we come any closer to an idea as to what it would take to keep everyone Happy?
Hams want to see no intrusion onto Ten Meters.
CB Ops need more room.

Is there a "workable solution" to solve both problems?
Any Ideas?

Jeff

I see both sides of the story clearly and I dont talk in the ham bands that I am not liscensed in. My problem lies in the snob hams(not all of them are...Just a select few)that wish to patrol the websites and inform people that what they are doing is wrong. They have no rights between 25 and 28 MHz so why do they feel the need to bitch and moan when people talk there?? Mind your own business boys and there wont be any trouble. My opinion is that the "cb" band runs from 26.900 to 27.600. Thats where 99% of the activity is at. It dosent matter though....The CB ops are never going to get more than the regular 40.

frmboybuck said:
Blah, blah, blah.....No one cares about being illegal or not. If they did they would not speed, refuse to wear their seatbelt, fuel their vehicles with the motor running,....ETC. Its all illegal. You ever drove over the speed limit Bandaid?? How about you CW??? Thats what I thought. You break the rules just like the guys who talk on 28MHz. Illegal is illegal!

Okay. Using your logi, then, no one needs a driver's license to operate a car on a publci roadway, huh?

I have exceeded speed limits on purpose many, many times. I used to be on a fire dept ambulance crew. 30 years.

I'm sure there have been times where I was not paying attention to my speed on long drives and exceeded the limit. Illegal is illegal is illegal and if stopped, I would deserve what I got.

In 41 years of driving I have never been stopped by police in my private car for anything and I have driven past numerous radar traps that our state police are fond of doing.

But operating a radio where and when you have no license to do so is not an accidental occurremce. You decide to do it. You do in on purpose. You can't justify that no matter how hard you try. Call me names, insult me, do anything you want, it won't change reality.

I think the only thing that stops FM is FCC regulations and the fact that the band would need to be even wider to allow for the wider bandwidth required for FM unless it was narrow band FM with a deviation of no more than about 2 KHz. FM will not solve the crowded bandwidth problem. SSB can to some extent whan stations are far enough apart to use both USB and LSB on the same channel but AM or FM are just plain and simply bandwidth hogs.

bandaid kid said:
I have exceeded speed limits on purpose many, many times. I used to be on a fire dept ambulance crew. 30 years.

I'm sure there have been times where I was not paying attention to my speed on long drives and exceeded the limit. Illegal is illegal is illegal and if stopped, I would deserve what I got.

For your information, Speeding in a fire truck is still illegal. Those shiny little lights dont make you oblivious to the law....They give you the right of way. You T-bone a car at an intersection because you didnt stop at the stop sign guess who is liable?

You are right....Illegal is illegal no matter what you are doing and you better be prepared to pay the piper if you break the rules. No one is complaining about the fines here. They know the consequences if they get caught. If you're gonna play you gotta pay. Everyone knows the rules some just dont care. You and CW are the reason Hams have a bad name in the majority of america!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :p
OMG, I am a Ham and a trucker....................what do I do? I love me, I love me not........... NO NO NO, I HATE myself :x :x :x :x :x
LOL
Ed
KC0PZE in the dump truck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.