• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Quick lowering antenna

Oldtimer

May 20, 2008
Stuart Florida
Hi to all !!!
I didn't know what to put as the topic title but I guess it speaks for itself !!
Does or has anyone ever saw a type of antenna mast other than tip over that if ya are expecting high winds
it can be lowered about 10ft in a short amount of time.
Any ideas or inventions ?
Thanks
God Bless

The price is expensive, but they can be home brewed for a lot less $$.

They do work great.

I raise and lower the Mosley PRO67B in less than 10 minutes, I hope to never have to climb another tower again.

Hi to all !!!
I didn't know what to put as the topic title but I guess it speaks for itself !!
Does or has anyone ever saw a type of antenna mast other than tip over that if ya are expecting high winds
it can be lowered about 10ft in a short amount of time.
Any ideas or inventions ?
Thanks
God Bless

re read that and saw you want other than a tip over...

all i can think of off hand is this:

TV Antenna Mast

The current construction of that original can be viewed in the .64 Homebrew thread at this point here.
It now sports a push up pole that is extendable to an additional 30' above the 16' wooden tip over bottom section.

Also, don't forget the extension ladder idea. Attach the antenna mast to the top of the extension ladder, attach the ladder to whatever - fence, post, building . . . and pull it to maximum height with the pull rope mechanism on the ladder, lower it when there is inclement weather coming.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.