• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

R/C car/truck enthusiasts?

I have been flying r/c planes since 1973. I also dabble in helicopter as well. Never really got into rc cars though. My main obsession has been aerobatics, been competing in that for a long time. I was at one time a licensed pilot and was studying aerobatics in the real stuff, first in a Pitts S2 then a Christian Eagle that I helped build. I let my ticket laspe because I really didn't have the time and money for the real stuff.

Reactions: LeapFrog
I was deeply into the RC cars for my son's benefit. And in 2013 got into multi-rotor aircraft. Videos from the birds get boring after a while but the snap shots still are better than ground level photos. Angle and altitude make the difference.
Yes that is my old tired butt in the photo.

YUN00018.jpg

I got my 16 yo son a car kit for Christmas and I was surprised how many cars come assembled. Putting it together is the fun part. I was into RC cars back in the 80s when I was in middle school. Man the technology has come a long way. This is the re release of the Kyosho Optima. He has learned allot by putting it together.

IMG_20180204_163658778.jpg
IMG_20180204_152645888.jpg
IMG_20180203_192540994.jpg

I like building the kits, it is a lot of fun assembling everything and dialing it in.
For me the r/c cars became a substitute for building and racing the real ones.

I love the nitro engines, but I have to say the cleanliness of battery operated setups is appealing as long as the batteries hold up for a decent time.

The DIY part of the r/c hobby is great, making something run from a box of parts.
I recently decided to convert an older stadium truck to a brushless electric motor.
The motor plate prefabricated is available for $30+, but you could make one from aluminum flat stock for next to nothing. So many options.
Has anyone seen Keith5700's channel before?

He is putting that engine in a 1/3 scale buggy :D

I had a Kyosho Inferno buggy 1/8 scale with a powerful .21 engine. Raced it for years and then one day it got away and went straight into a curb at 60 mph.........and so ended the life of that money pit.
Always keep the receiver battery fully charged!!!!!!!

This sounds like it has a high lift cam and it's amazing! It sounds even more impressive when he lowers the idle. Now he needs to design a miniature Torqueflite 727 and it's ready for a 1/4 scale body.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?