• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

R50-E2-Y2-12 VDC Potter Brumfield relay

Smokinone

WDX-3820
Jun 24, 2020
Southern Nevada
Any interest in these? I have 3 that appear to be NOS, no boxes, but on a Styrofoam base.

Open to offers. Would have to be FF paypal or money order if there's interest.
I have no idea what they fit or what they're worth other than a guy that wants $85 on the bay. I would rather not go to the bay.
Thanks

DSC03378.JPG
DSC03380.JPG

They appear to be the same relays in a Palomar 300a. I will check my documentation when I get home.

David

Any interest in these? I have 3 that appear to be NOS, no boxes, but on a Styrofoam base.

I have no idea what they fit or what they're worth other than a guy that wants $85 on the bay. I would rather not go to the bay.
Thanks

View attachment 60210View attachment 60211

Thanks

View attachment 60210View attachment 60211

Hello, PLEASE let me know what you would want for them as i have 3 amps that use these and it would be good to have some spares. I do have paypal, please send me a message about what you need to get for them.
Thank you

This relay was used in more than one Palomar product. The one date code I see says the 36th week of 1981.

I sell a drop-in replacement-adapter module on Ebay that takes a replaceable DIP relay. If you wear it out, unplug and replace the relay. Has pins that line up with the holes in the original circuit board. Thirty-five bucks for one, sixty for two.

If anyone's interested, I can supply a link.

You'll notice a tiny hole visible above the brand-name markings. It was originally covered by a piece of tape. This was to seal the relay against circuit-board cleaning solvents. In those days, machine-soldered circuit boards were covered in flux before soldering. Washing all of it off would contaminate a relay that's not sealed. Trouble is, leaving it sealed would cause vapor to build up inside. Removing the tape after cleaning would expose the tiny hole and prevent vapors from building up inside.

Newer "sealed" relays will have a tiny tit molded on one corner that gets snapped off to expose a vent hole.

Might want to check them to see that those vapors haven't condensed onto the contact-point surfaces. When it does, the quality of the closed circuit comes and goes, makes the relay "noisy" when you tap on it.

This relay was used in more than one Palomar product. The one date code I see says the 36th week of 1981.

I sell a drop-in replacement-adapter module on Ebay that takes a replaceable DIP relay. If you wear it out, unplug and replace the relay. Has pins that line up with the holes in the original circuit board. Thirty-five bucks for one, sixty for two.

If anyone's interested, I can supply a link.

You'll notice a tiny hole visible above the brand-name markings. It was originally covered by a piece of tape. This was to seal the relay against circuit-board cleaning solvents. In those days, machine-soldered circuit boards were covered in flux before soldering. Washing all of it off would contaminate a relay that's not sealed. Trouble is, leaving it sealed would cause vapor to build up inside. Removing the tape after cleaning would expose the tiny hole and prevent vapors from building up inside.

Newer "sealed" relays will have a tiny tit molded on one corner that gets snapped off to expose a vent hole.

Might want to check them to see that those vapors haven't condensed onto the contact-point surfaces. When it does, the quality of the closed circuit comes and goes, makes the relay "noisy" when you tap on it.

Thanks.
They're all the same, they all have the tape. Found among my late father in laws belongings.

He had a ton of stuff I brought home as he worked electronics rm the 60's on until about the mid 80's.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated