• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio network topology

Just_A_Random_Guy

Jul 4, 2019
Hello, I have a question... "Is there a product / type of product available that you know of that would allow multiple radios operating in the same band to utilize 1 antenna? An example would be, if you had 8 radios wanting to monitor 8 frequencies a couple Mhz apart.

I understand that this may preclude you from transmitting on this setup directly.
I would need physical radios, as opposed to SDR.

whats out there? whats good? pros/cons, any information greatly appreciated

VHF.

You can hook two or three radios together but each one reduces the signal a little. Eight radios would reduce the signal quite a bit, possibly to the point that you won't hear what you normally would.

There used to be a guy who sold a device on eBay that had relays in it and all four radios would be connected together on receive. When you keyed a mic on one of the radios, the relays for the other radios would shunt to ground to protect the front end of the radios. I sent him a message through eBay a few months ago and asked him if he would make me one but he said he didn't have any more boards to make the unit.
Chris

Hello, I have a question... "Is there a product / type of product available that you know of that would allow multiple radios operating in the same band to utilize 1 antenna? An example would be, if you had 8 radios wanting to monitor 8 frequencies a couple Mhz apart.

I understand that this may preclude you from transmitting on this setup directly.
I would need physical radios, as opposed to SDR.

whats out there? whats good? pros/cons, any information greatly appreciated

VHF.

For receiving only:
http://www.stridsbergeng.com/multicouplers.html

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated