• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RADIO NOISE? High pitch whine!!!

I have an ‘04 CTD.

ALLEN APPLEGATE is the mobile radio guru if for no other reason the ENORMOUS amount of time it took to set up his Guide.

www.K0BG.com

The section on Bonding is comprehensive.

I started on my truck a short while ago. A few of us on this site joking we are spending time/money the truck needs elsewhere. But, priorities.

Last week I ordered about 50’ or 100’ of 3/4” flat-braided tinned woven copper. Plus internal/external tooth washers to work with 1/2” #10 screws. Then 6-AWG tinned copper lugs. Loaded up on some Dremel brushes.

A variety of copper braid widths appears to be the best direction. But I had to start somewhere (ordered more than I’ll use on this project, have others).

The horizontal surfaces get first attention. Bed to cab both sides, all four bed corners. Hood. Cab to frame.

Exhaust will have four straps. Have seen 1.75” batt cable used for this with big worm-drive clamps.

The factory DC grounds I’ve already cleaned up (second time last ten years in Texas). Some should be improved. That’s another phase.

Alternator mount bolts?

In-tank fuel pump DC wiring?

Auto trans trucks (Mommy trucks) have a few more controls than
the Man trans trucks. APPS or something.

thanks for the input ya I only own manual transmission vehicles

I’m in Texas too

Sorry just got off work 16 hrs straight wheuuuu I’m going to see if I get a lunch break tomorrow if I do ima swing my truck in the shop pop the belt loose and go from there if it goes away I may consider trying a different alternator it’s on top and just to bolts... we have one in stock on the shelf so 15 min worth it

anyone read my previous post on not being able to upload video or audio?????????????

Reactions: walterjn
On older cars that were noisy, I would run the radio ground from the radio to a seat bolt. Yes the bolts that hold the seats to the frame.

Then I would use a Cornell Dubilier CB 60. Have used the CBFT40 on a noisy fan too.

One time I used a noise filter between the radio and battery cables, and it worked great. It was made by Pyramid or Delta. Can't find a picture of it, and can't remember the model number. Not long ago, I tried a Kenwood noise filter on a 92 vehicle, and it did absolutely nothing for the alternator whine.

https://www.rfparts.com/cb60.html

https://www.rfparts.com/cbft40.html

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.