• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RADIO SHACK SWR/POWER METER 21-524

for SWR it is spot on compared to the bird.. as for the power meter it is good but the scale that is used is hard to read for $15 i would get it

Reactions: 2 people
I have one of these:

369220.jpg

So far its been very accurate but way too slow in updating for use in the mobile with the screwdriver so I use it in the house now.

Reactions: 1 person
I had one I kept in my lower console when I traveled a lot because it's so compact. It's actually pretty darn accurate compared to my Bird stuff.

Reactions: 2 people
Indeed for the money, a brand new is only 40 dollars, they are great meters to carry in the mobile or use on a base and can handle some watts as well. I have a couple myself, and I think they are pretty accurate on the 20 and 200 scale anyway, when you really start getting over 1k the variances will show IMO. For 15 dollars and you know it works, grab it up that's a good deal.

369220.jpg

So far its been very accurate but way too slow in updating for use in the mobile with the screwdriver so I use it in the house now.

I have one of these: I have 2 of those and 5-6 of the anolog ones. I fixed the movement probplems in all of mine even the newer style anolog model. Those anolog models are using the same technoly setup inside that Yease uses in there meters ;)

Anybody own one? How accurate and reliable are they?

CB/High-Frequency Ham Power SWR Meter - RadioShack.com

I have an opportunity to pick a used one up for $15.00.

Definitely a good meter, and 15 bucks makes it a sweet deal. I have two of them... one in the mobile, and one for the base. I also owned one of the digital ones, and paid close to 100 bucks for it. I was not that crazy about it, especially while tuning an amp. If you were just running a stock rig with it and not having to tune, it would be fine.

RT307

I snatch them up when their sold at reasonable prices I have to find a place that sells the hard to find parts I need to set them up so there stablized on forward swing or peak readings. They really are a great brodbanded amateur radio quality meter and are very accurate compaired to someof the more expensive meters and Ive checked this for myself. Ad a good frequency display or meter to the setup and its all you need ;)

I use one in my one mobile...its accurate enough for the general population. Its lived fine in that environment...it worked fine earlier this week when it was below zero here.

They have them, just hit a local radio shack up. They normally always have a couple at every one I have been to anyway

They will come back on eBay, I do not think they are discontinuing them. They do sell out on items from time to time per an employee I have spoken with. Keep your eyes out for a good used one as well.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut:
  • @ wavrider:
    sea que sea que,
    +1