• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioddity CS -47

lonestarbandit

Supporting Member - WDX 429
Dec 30, 2006
Got a nice little fully featured AM/FM one hand mobile radio recently.
It is a rebadged Anytone Graces.
So far it's been great fun. It has all the fancy stuff like transmit DSP and recieve DSP, auto squelch (like President's ASC) the only thing is there's no rotary volume or squelch these are controlled through the menu system which can be annoying. That said, it's a killer little radio and the guts of it are in a box approaching the size of a pack of smokes for those of you that smoke. The mic feels excellent in the hand just the right shape and weight.
The "mic" also contains the speaker and all controls. It connects to the guts box via a cat 5/6 cable. I added an extender to route this invisibly up to my center console. It's new to me still but for 100 bucks it's a steal. I've done the one jumper conversion and have all the expanded bands. Oh yes, despite what one YouTube video advises, do NOT cut the white wire! This puts you up in the 28mhz 10m ranges and you can't get back down. Had to re-solder my white wire and add some heat shrink. Stick to moving the jumper one space over.

Attachments

• 20230924_152343.jpg
    20230924_152343.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 75
  • 20230924_152330.jpg
    20230924_152330.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 66
  • 20230924_152321.jpg
    20230924_152321.jpg
    789.8 KB · Views: 56
  • 20230924_152315.jpg
    20230924_152315.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230924_152301.jpg
    20230924_152301.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 57
  • 20230924_152252.jpg
    20230924_152252.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:

This gentleman has a far better review than I could ever give, although he's the one that said cut the wire.... dont cut the wire! He's in the UK and enjoying 10m operation.

Reactions: Eldorado828
I bought one a while back to put in my wife's Explorer in place of the Anytone Smart that's in there now. Just haven't had the time to swap it out yet. I did put it on the bench and adjusted the modulation in the service menu. I set it up on the scope, and it is a great sounding radio. I moved the jumper, but didn't cut the wire. The noise reduction for tx and rx is a great feature too. I plan on running a KL203 with it if I ever get around to doing it.

I bought one a while back to put in my wife's Explorer in place of the Anytone Smart that's in there now. Just haven't had the time to swap it out yet. I did put it on the bench and adjusted the modulation in the service menu. I set it up on the scope, and it is a great sounding radio. I moved the jumper, but didn't cut the wire. The noise reduction for tx and rx is a great feature too. I plan on running a KL203 with it if I ever get around to doing it.
I absolutely agree. Makes all the difference in the world on noise.
I'll probably add a kl-203p myself at some point.

Not a sure how they would handle ssb clarification with no traditional controls. I can't see fumbling with a one handed menu driven clarifier while driving down the road. They would have to add some physical knob(s). BUT if they did I would certainly buy one.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Shadetree Mechanic, do you know how to get into the service menu on the CS-47? I have tried all sorts of button sequences and have not come upon it yet. I would appreciate it if you could share the info.

I have two CS-47s and really like them for their size and capability. Yes, SSB would be great, but I am using these primarily for local FM comms with my wife, and they are perfect for that use.

Anyone old enough may remember the Midland 79–892 SSB radio that had the clarifier control on the microphone, so there is a way to address incremental tuning on a remote mic.

Shadetree Mechanic, do you know how to get into the service menu on the CS-47? I have tried all sorts of button sequences and have not come upon it yet. I would appreciate it if you could share the info.

I have two CS-47s and really like them for their size and capability. Yes, SSB would be great, but I am using these primarily for local FM comms with my wife, and they are perfect for that use.

Anyone old enough may remember the Midland 79–892 SSB radio that had the clarifier control on the microphone, so there is a way to address incremental tuning on a remote mic.
Given its a rebadged Anytone Graces, here you go. Menu options will depend on jumper setting and the famous white wire's state of connection.

Attachments

• Manual_Anytone_Graces_ENG.pdf
    663.2 KB · Views: 112
We could definitely use some tiny sideband radios, or even a big sideband radio with a detachable face or all the controls in the mic.

I was thinking about getting a magnetic mic holder for my CS-47, has anyone tried one?

Amazon product ASIN B09Q8HFNRK
Wondering if that wouldn't interfere with the display, a magnet that close to, well literally attached to it?

Thanks for that, but I have the operator’s menu, and had figured out the jumper settings before they were published anywhere. I got my CS-47s back in January when there was no info available regarding the jumper or white wire (I did not cut mine).

I am looking to get into the service menu, or ”engineering” menu, where adjustments are made. The CS-47/Graces, like most new radios, are tuned/aligned via menu options. To access that menu generally requires a series of button presses/ptt press on power up. That is what I am looking to access.

Reactions: lonestarbandit

I believe I got into the service menu, it has been a while since I messed with it. But now that I think about it, I wanted to reduce the carrier power to run the 203, and couldn't. So maybe not. Somehow I think I was messing with the modulation, is there a pot on the board? I don't know, I will check my notes when I get back to the house.

Reactions: lonestarbandit

Did you ever figure out how to get to the service mode?

I believe I got into the service menu, it has been a while since I messed with it. But now that I think about it, I wanted to reduce the carrier power to run the 203, and couldn't. So maybe not. Somehow I think I was messing with the modulation, is there a pot on the board? I don't know, I will check my notes when I get back to the house.
How did you get in to the service menu?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.