• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioddity qt40 (Ares 2) with amplifier

Eldorado828

8-2-8 in the Lonestar state
Feb 21, 2016
The Lonestar State
Well I'm getting impatient waiting on the q6 pro and am now looking at the Radioddity Qt40. Right now I can get one for 173 shipped so it's hard to pass it up.

So my question is, has anyone ran an amplifier with this radio? If so, does it play well with an amp? I know some have had issues running an amp with the q5n2 (same chassis). I know this is less powa then the q5n2 and would like to run the 503hd with it but that's if it does well with an amp.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Well I'm getting impatient waiting on the q6 pro and am now looking at the Radioddity Qt40. Right now I can get one for 173 shipped so it's hard to pass it up.

So my question is, has anyone ran an amplifier with this radio? If so, does it play well with an amp? I know some have had issues running an amp with the q5n2 (same chassis). I know this is less powa then the q5n2 and would like to run the 503hd with it but that's if it does well with an amp.
I have one myself, about 2 weeks now. I literally just hooked it up a few minutes ago, but set it up when I received it. Like you, I want a Q6-2, as I would prefer a radio with a VFO. But, I figured why not check it out, so I did. The radio is a steal for what it is, by comparison to other radios out there now. I didn't bench it or look at it with the service monitor yet, but I like it for what it is. It does 12m like the Q6-2, which is brilliant.

I mentioned a deal in a post recently when radio ditty had a bundle with a mag mount for $180.

I was going to see how it plays with an amp, possibly tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Reactions: Eldorado828

I was getting impatient....I wired in a 2 pill 2879 and they played nicely together.

This is what the little voice in my head says:

Just let it happen, it was meant to be. Some call it fate or destiny. Your universe will not be complete if you resist.
Married to an Asian. If I give up resisting all is lost, resisting is all I have! LMAO
(Now that I think on it, that's probably what my amps 10ohm said right before it all went black for him....yes .... yes you may be right...)

Last edited:
I bought the QT-40. Nice radio. Had and issue with the dual pot for RF power and Mic gain. Sent it back waiting for a new one . I like the Q5n2 better but more money. Just nicer features. I like the the old school look of th QT-40.
First, I hate you all. What happened to helping your fellow man OUT of addiction.... that said.... I also like the fancier radios but I already have a President Lincoln II+ and RCI 2950CD for fancy... really what I want is that DSP for audio out and recieve. I have it on my CS47 in the mobile and I'm very impressed with it. My home has power lines nearby with noisy transformers and I had to get a noise canceling ham DSP speaker to stop the racket. Having that tech built in at a 200.00 price point plus all the other goodies? Low drive for amps? Come on! I don't know why I'm resisting other than habit. Wish they made a base station version.
How did you find that DSP on the QT40?

Last edited:
This is not helping. I'm literally twitching.
194.84 actually. You forgot Govt gets their cut. Eldo you are a terrible influence lol.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.