• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Ram 1500 antenna

My breedlove mount was excellent, got a passthrough with so239 for the whip, and another for the base of the sirio. Think the mount was like 1 3/4" or so I length. Bullring makes a kit to cut the plastic cover on the bed, cheap and works great with a standard router. I sent pic of 192 whip with extension, swr almost flat. Like I say, my garage door is 7 foot, so I can pull in, and drop the sirio down without getting wet, and it is about 1.1:1.
You have a decent SWR with the coil on the SIRIO blocked by the cab?

"Nick hatz, post: 779417, member: 58398"
Rig expert aa55 Analyzer says it is perfect..

You have a problem with the RCI.
The results of the Rig Expert say the antenna is fine.
The results with the Stryker say the antenna is fine.
What ever is coming out the back of the 2970 is the problem.
A few min on a SA should show the harmonic content out the back of the radio.

Jeff

Reactions: NZ8N
where did mount antenna???? anywhere othere than the roof is gonna be a high swr. with coil below the roofliune..not to mention performance will be hindered if coil is below roofline

Dead center of the roof. I’ll send it out was thinking of Q5 communication. I have seen there name all over this site.

Dead center of the roof. I’ll send it out was thinking of Q5 communication. I have seen there name all over this site.
I agree with Audio Shockwave that the radio is probably the culprit.
My friend has a 2017 GMC pick-up with a 2970 N2 with the same Stryker Mag-Mount A-10 in the center of the roof and the average SWR is 1.3:1. Could it be the coax is pinched where it enters the cab? Before he bought the Stryker, I loaned him my Wilson 2000 mag-mount and the SWR was terrible. I used the same antenna on my 2016 F-350 (prior to aluminum) and I had a near-perfect SWR. The problem was, he passed the coax through the rear door window and closed the window (just a little too much) and damaged the coax.

Although I am fairly new but I am also going to say that the radio is the culprit.

The antenna is basically perfect but when you add the radio SWR goes bonkers.

Going to agree with AudioShockwave and get that radio on a spectrum analyzer.

Do you have another working radio? Just to compare….if possible. But that antenna system is good!!

??? LMR400 not good for radio??? RG8U is better? LOL....

For the same length of coax/jumper, the LMR will get more power to the antenna and more signal to the radio. In what way is RG8U better?

Dx.com doesn't have any coax for sale. What "test" are you speaking of?

Here's tuned 1/2 wave LMR400 jumpers feeding a Predator 10K on a Mag mount from a Sweet 16 with 4 watts reflect and 1300+ out on the Bird 43.

View attachment 49057

View attachment 49058

View attachment 49059
Wow! With all those magnets, the roof will lift off the cab when you attempt to remove the antenna. lol...lol...lol!
My two-cent suggestion.
You may want to consider replacing the stacked washers with four stainless or aluminum one-piece "barrels" and a self-locking bolt, because moisture will creep between the washers. A self-locking bolt will have a nylon pellet passing horizontally through the treads. The pellet works better than Loctite because the pellet is a few thousands of an inch above the treads which forces the bolt to have an oblong effect when being installed.

Although I am fairly new but I am also going to say that the radio is the culprit.

The antenna is basically perfect but when you add the radio SWR goes bonkers.

Going to agree with AudioShockwave and get that radio on a spectrum analyzer.

Do you have another working radio? Just to compare….if possible. But that antenna system is good!!
Maybe the coil has a damaged wire? Yep! I agree with trying another radio and see what happens to the SWR. What RF Power is the radio set at when checking the SWR? Would that make a difference? Let the experts chime in because I'm just grasping at straws.

With the Stryker A10 mag mount. Stryker radio perfect. I guess the mag mount won’t work with the 2970N4.

He said " Stryker radio perfect" so I must take it that the only time this cropped up is with the RCI.

Rig expert aa55 Analyzer says it is perfect.

Analyzer says 50 ohms SWR is 1.1 on channel 20.

If the analyzer says it's good, and the system works great with a different radio what is left to look at?

Jeff

Reactions: NZ8N and undertaker
He said " Stryker radio perfect" so I must take it that the only time this cropped up is with the RCI.

If the analyzer says it's good, and the system works great with a different radio what is left to look at?

Jeff
Bingo! The process of elimination is coming to an end.
Sell the used N4 and buy a new N4 and have it modified for 11 meters and call it good!

Stryker is great. Same antenna. Rig analyzer say it’s good. Coax not pinched. From roof through grommet under the truck. No doors to go through. Got to be the radio. I’ll get it checked out. Stryker radio works great just wanted more power. That’s what I get.

Reactions: ForestRunner98

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated