• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Random Acts of Kindness - WWDX Style

What is this act of kindness you speak of?
If anybody givin stuff away im changin my party n askin fer free stuff. Id like a great all mode 2 meter kenwood or icon. Just suggesting

Reactions: TheRATT
A Random Act of Kindness?
Subject to Application

I will be keeping my eyes open. I am putting together a base station for my ex father in law.

(Emphasis here on, ex)

This, ah, base station, it’s not gonna spark, smoke, & flame, is it?

Been wondering about that X-Force amp you say went bad, and are now “repairing”. Upping knowledge of inner workings. Hmmm . .

Cauterizing a wound — with only smoking joists still above the basement — wasn’t the intention behind: random or act or kindness

Last edited:
Subject to Application

(Emphasis here on, ex)

Been wondering about that X-Force amp you say went bad, and are now “repairing”. Upping knowledge of inner workings. Hmmm . .

Cauterizing a wound — with only smoking joists still above the basement — wasn’t the intention behind: random or act or kindness

Haha, nothing like that. The ex and I separated when the kids were young about 20 years ago. Then a few years ago, she died in a tragic car accident. The kids were always close to the grandparents, and the youngest son lives with them now. They are in the next town to the north of us, and my ex father in law has medical issues and spends a lot of time sitting at the kitchen table. He was into CB back in the 70s and this would give him something to do and keep in touch at the same time.

As that famous broadcaster used to say "And now you know the rest of the story".

Haha, nothing like that. The ex and I separated when the kids were young about 20 years ago. Then a few years ago, she died in a tragic car accident. The kids were always close to the grandparents, and the youngest son lives with them now. They are in the next town to the north of us, and my ex father in law has medical issues and spends a lot of time sitting at the kitchen table. He was into CB back in the 70s and this would give him something to do and keep in touch at the same time.

As that famous broadcaster used to say "And now you know the rest of the story".

Good for you, Shadetree. (y)
Maybe not random, but an act of kindness of the highest order.
You just made my day. :p

Good for you, Shadetree. (y)
Maybe not random, but an act of kindness of the highest order.
You just made my day. :p
I think I have a line on an old I Max. One local has the bottom section and another local has a top. For free, all I gotta do is pick them up. I am thinking two inch galvanized pipe up the side of the house, attached at the top. Right by the kitchen.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
I think I have a line on an old I Max. One local has the bottom section and another local has a top. For free, all I gotta do is pick them up. I am thinking two inch galvanized pipe up the side of the house, attached at the top. Right by the kitchen.

Wait a minute...that’s a somewhat non random act of kindness for yourself, that’s not how this works, haha.

Well wait a minute, it is kinda random. It is kindness even if it’s self kindness, I guess you gotta love yourself before you can love others.

Tallman will love me one day, in the spiritual sense, definitely not any other way. And it’s not the 148 I’m after... what the hell am I after? I forgot.

Okay, Shadetree has given the thread some much needed momentum.
Anyone else willing to pick up the baton and run with it?
A radio, mic, amp or something else you’re never gonna use again that’s just taking up space and collecting dust? Make someone’s day!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Subject to Application

(Emphasis here on, ex)

you thinkin what im thinkin? Plug n PLAY?
bbq style

Reactions: Slowmover

P.H. GOOD DAY

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated