• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger 2970-DX Fuel Pump Noise.

Bassbug

Apr 30, 2005
Springfield,Ohio U.S.A.
Hello, all I have a Ranger 2970-DX installed in a GMC V8 truck. I’m having a lot of fuel pump noise from the Wilson 5000 magnet mount antenna to the radio. When I disconnect the coax the noise disappears, that why I know that it is coming from the antenna. How do I install a noise filter in the hot line of the fuel pump, and what kind of filter should I use? I tried snap on ferret chokes that helped a lot. And how do I install one into my hot wire of my alternator. Thanks. :cry:

You should try the dealer first. The electric fuel pump is a big-time safety item. Badger, threaten, or dope-slap the dealer's parts department until they admit that a factory filter is available. Even if it has to be special-ordered. Fleet sales to public-safety agencies require this filter be available. If the state police or such can't use their radios, it's bad for Detroit. Joe Consumer gets treated differently. If they deny that such a filter can be had, ask for the name and number of the district manager for GMC trucks. That's the guy the dealer answers to, and he might even return your call.

Rolling your own filtering hookup on an electric fuel pump could be hazardous to your health, if you don't get EVERYTHING exactly right. The first time.

Hello Bassbug,
Try installing a capacitor of about .01 microfarads across the + & - wires to the fuel pump. Should install it right where is goes into the fuel tank.
--------------
DXman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.