• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger Ar 3500

Eiresh

Aug 9, 2014
Hello out there!

I know this is my first night joining the forums, but I am hoping to be i little of a regular here.

I have unpacked all of my old radio equipment that I had packed before moving about 20 years ago. I knew what I had packed away, and here I am 20 years later.

I have tried to reach out to Bob's CB shop, but he no longer accepts mail ins.
I am in Georgia, and would love to find a place that would be able to tune up this old lady. Any ideas out there?

Reactions: hotrod

Thank you folks, I will look into DTB. I have gone to the site and have more research to do.

Nothing in Ga though?

Hotrod, It is an awesome radio. I have just about forgotten all of the radio knowledge that I had 20 years ago. Do you have any extra mod features built into the radio?

The one thing that I have noticed is that there isn't anywhere near the amount of activity on the radio as there used to be.

you must be on the wrong frequency.lol 38 lsb is a great ssb dx channel and 28 am is
good for am mode.far as locals ,what id do is listen to all 40 channel thru the week
see if ya hear anything .ya may have to try different times aswell.example most of
my locals are on in the morning ,well im working then so most of my LOCAL talking
is done on weekends.but i try dx daily

you must be on the wrong frequency.lol 38 lsb is a great ssb dx channel and 28 am is
good for am mode.far as locals ,what id do is listen to all 40 channel thru the week
see if ya hear anything .ya may have to try different times aswell.example most of
my locals are on in the morning ,well im working then so most of my LOCAL talking
is done on weekends.but i try dx daily

Did you email or call Bob? The reason I ask is I called and initially I was told Bob was not taking any more radios as he was booked solid. When I mentioned I had a couple AR3500 100W units he said he would take them. Well it was right at a year before I got them back but he : Installed the SP-1a Speech Processor, b) installed a batter backup circuit, & c) full tune up. One of these radios will go in my restored 70 C10 with an Avanti Hippo antenna.

I did call Bob a few weeks ago and they told me to check in either later this year or in 2015. I also asked if they had any spare knobs, and they said no.

Additionally, I don't know if I want to wait about a year to get it serviced.

Great radios! I have three of them and only one works right now, the others have electrolytic capacitors problems, one has the power regulator out and the other has the 10.240 crystal out. Out as in not working! Two are 30 watts and the last is a 100 Watts.

73 mechanic

Eiresh ... I understand. The reason I was willing to wait is I was told he was the man to work on these radios. There are likely others who can work on these but Bob seemed to lead the pack.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.