• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger made radios RT1 invasion

It did about 40 before Maybe 45. with the old finals dk on am low was 2 watts high was 15 watts, after the new finals dk on low was 15 high was 40, and it had no trouble holding that dead key. I turned down the am power but I am still putting out 80peak on ssb and 50w on fm. we will see how long they last.
Wow. Great I would also like to see how long they last. Hopefully longer than the factory finals.

Reactions: Enterprise312ok
Wow. Great I would also like to see how long they last. Hopefully longer than the factory finals.
I have been talking some fm skip today, making good contacts. The needle on my mfj shows between 50 & 55 watts And It doesent seem to run any hotter than it did with the stock finals.
I did use artic silver v compund because thats what I had. Does anyone know what vr lowers fm power on the lincoln 2? Its putting out 12 watts on low and thats more than I want to run into my boxes.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
View attachment 60580

Schematic says FM Power Adj W4
I found it a little while ago, unfortunatley even when adjusted to the minimum output on low is 10 watts. The radio works very well barefoot and would make an excellent driver for a 4 pill with these "snake oil" finals. I talked a lot of 50 watt barefoot fm skip.
I need some kind of battery pack and portable antenna so I can take this hot rod lincoln on hiking trips.

I'm working on a 2970n2 now. I just replace the finals in the radio and I have 100 watt dead key. My swr is high on my antenna. When I check with my nano vna it has a swr on1.1. the antenna is fine when a run the president lincoln II+ with an amp behind it. Does anyone have a link to a service manual for the 2970n2? I have one for the 2970dx but it doesn't have any info on the amp. I'm also looking for a service manual for president lincoln II+.

It is funny how short lived the memory is of this site. I broke IRFZ24N a few years before any else let alone them being used by most companies.

No I am not a genius well I am but not when it comes to electronics though! LOL

Yeticom out of NZ had a model of radio that was like so limited I think maybe less than 50 radio's made it out into the wild before the design was yanked. I am guessing that Yeticom was too much of a small fish to keep them in the game considering the rise at the time of Stryker in terms of volume. Anyways it used the IRFZ24N for it's finals and I mentioned it on this site when people where desperately looking for different non-rf mosfets.

If people had done anything with that information when I presented it YEARS AGO this would not even be a blip right now it would be old hat.

The problem with this site though is that for the most part most of the people that show up looking for answers are late to the game. They go with what is proven and tried and tested by other's and then when that is no longer practical they get caught with their pants down and are looking for the next sure thing!

I do not blame professionals with skin in the game for not wanting to show their cards it is not their problem. It is their kindness that helps people like me out since I am not electronically clever or well educated! I have gotten caught with my pants down though a few times now and I have learned. I do my research and I plan ahead or try too.

So if you for instance have 5 radio's and each one takes 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 IRF520's the time to get some is not tomorrow it is today. You really should purchase 2X the amount your radio's currently have in them unless your the type that seldom owns a radio more than 1-2 years. Pick up a sleeve of some 13N10's or IRF520's or what ever. They are so cheap if you never use them your out nothing really do not buy coffee at Starbucks for a few days and your purchase is covered!

Trust me on this the time to purchase these devices is not when you need them or you end up in the boat with people wanting 1969's, 1307's, 2312's, 477's tc.....I am that boat.

If you watch enough video's you will hear people talking about what to set the bias at for these devices current wise not voltage as well. Sometimes you have to be patient and watch an entire video instead of waiting to be spoon feed the info but it is out there but some times you have to listen to a lot of material and pay attention.

In many ways it is almost stupid maybe stupid is the wrong word a waste of time to attempt to find an exact match for a part as generic as non-rf mosfets. The time would be better spent either staying with a part you know or finding the next best part based on what you know about the parameters of the existing part.

All of these parts are garbage none of them can take any mis-match at any phase angle and survive. They are trash so you need to be ready for them to fail and have parts on hand. These parts are like common wear items on a car like a brake pad or a clutch they are not something like pistons or connecting rod's that normally last the life of the car if not abused. So you need to change your paradigm. I have a 45 year old Cobra 138XLR it is factory orignal right down to regulators, caps and transistors. You will never see that sort of durability out of current parts.

No magic parts yet and I doubt there will be. The only way this changes is if they actual put "RF" specific mosfets into the radio's!

I just saw a video about the RCI 2995 DX HP.
The only difference is on the amp board.Same amp board, but uses RT5's.
250W out of the box.

Last edited:
Reactions: Samson34

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated