• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ranger rci 2960jp

A local guy had one back in the day. I bought it used and messed with it and then sold it. I thought it was a 6 band radio as well but it's been a long time. It's a very rare radio for sure maybe only 200 er so ever made.

They had a 6 position band switch with hi/lo.
There were not a lot of these around, I remember when EEI sold them and that was years ago.
There were other radios that came out with that PA the 6900f150, RCI 2970 and others.

Jeff
I assume that the PA in my 6300F150 is also the same. Hopefully I can retrofit this rig with a 6300F150 heatsink, as this one is about 1/2" deeper and doesn't fit well in my mobile mount. Barkett has them listed and I've asked them to verify stock and fitment.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
They had a 6 position band switch with hi/lo.
There were not a lot of these around, I remember when EEI sold them and that was years ago.
There were other radios that came out with that PA the 6900f150, RCI 2970 and others.

Jeff
Wow that goes way back. Express Electronics (EEI) and their famous Turbo Tune.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.