• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ranger rg-33 talkback enable

fnkycoldmedina

May 18, 2005
pa
i am looking to enable talkback in this rg-33...i bought 2 of them ..i converted them but need to know how to enable the talkback.it has echo so there must be a simple way.to view the board and its number look under general discussion and all the pics you should need are there.if anyone has the transmit section tune up info i could use that too.to realign the power for the new band .it has more power up in the 10 meter bands and i need to bring more of that down to 11 meters .any help will be great .thanks

Not sure about the talkback... I've never worked on one of these radios.
But the issue of more power on the 10 meter band than the 11 meter band is just in the rf amp. The radio's rf amp is more than likly just tuned for a higher frequency... its most likly tuned for center of the 10 meter band... when you start getting lower away from that center "tuning" you drop power.

Again I don't know much about this radio.... if there is a high power amp section , its more than likly tuned broadbanded. The majority of the tuning would be in the "driver rf amp" section.
If the radio doesn't have a high powered amp then just adjust the tuning of the driver and final.

The input /output tuning of your rf amp section isn't broadbanded enough to cover a 2 meg spread . It just needs to be retuned.

Hopefully someone else can give you some ideas about the talkback... if you haven't already got it going.

I'm not much help but I thought I would just throw that in there.

thanks bushwacker,i know already that the power needs to be tuned in on the new bands but dont have the "can info"to do it .i could get as much as 10 more watts of swing if i could get the power down where it needs to be .just gotta keep waiting until someone knows.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.