• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger SDM-1000 mic ?

radioreddz

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Nov 20, 2005
so. maryland
anybody else ever heard of the Ranger SDM-1000 mic. i know a guy that has one and uses it on a RCI radio and it's the best thing i have ever heard. it's about the size of a pack of cigeretts with a skinny neck. the guy i know tha thas one only has the box but there is no info on it. are they made buy the same Ranger radio folks and can you still get them. it is actualy the best mic i have ever heard on a 2950.

I have 2 of them.One I picked up at a hamfest for $15 and the other I bought new at least 15 years ago.I might have the paper work, but i'm not sure.They are great mics,the only drawback is they take an odd battery.They are not a RCI product but were imported by Clear Channel/RF limited, now Magnum International.Sam at Magnum could probably answer any questions you have.My first one was used on a AR-3500 and people told me it that set up sound as good as if not better than my Yeasu 757.
carmen

I have 2 of them.One I picked up at a hamfest for $15 and the other I bought new at least 15 years ago.I might have the paper work, but i'm not sure.They are great mics,the only drawback is they take an odd battery.They are not a RCI product but were imported by Clear Channel/RF limited, now Magnum International.Sam at Magnum could probably answer any questions you have.My first one was used on a AR-3500 and people told me it that set up sound as good as if not better than my Yeasu 757.
carmen
thank you sooooooooo much. one of the best mics i have ever heard from such a small package. if you ever want to sell one you have a buyer right here for sure. i will give Sam a call and hope maybe they have one. thanks again & 73's to ya.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.