• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger sra 198 microphone

skip searcher

Nov 17, 2006
IRELAND
Anyone using one of those micriphones , Ive heard them on you tube videos they really seem very clear i'am considering buying one my current radio is a ranger rci 2950 dx

That is a noise-cancelling mic, which are best suited for a mobile application; not the best choice for a base station. The Turner+3 has been used with fair success if you are using the 2950DX for a base station radio. So it really depends how you are using the radio, since you didn't specify first . . .

Last edited:
That is a noise-cancelling mic, which are best suited for a modile application; not the best choice for a base station. The Turner+3 has been used with fair success if you are using the 2950DX for a base station radio. So it really depends how you are using the radio, since you didn't specify first . . .

I'm using the radio in a mobile an 18 wheeler I shoot skip all day as soon as I get conditions where ever i'am in the country I wouldn't mind giving this microphone a try ,

I'm using the radio in a mobile an 18 wheeler I shoot skip all day as soon as I get conditions where ever i'am in the country I wouldn't mind giving this microphone a try ,

I ran one in my big truck for a while, a very noisy intl. 9900. They do an excellent job of cancelling all the noise inside the cab, and have real clear audio, got excellent reports with
it. And they can also be used to fend off thieves and lot lizards because of their weight:D

Best Noise cancelling Microphone on the market period...You can find them all day long listed New on eBay for under $30 with FREE SHIPPING...
That's if you live in the usa partner unfortunately I live in Canada the land of dust and flies shipping is expensive and the canadian dollar is very low my best chance Is buying one on the road

That's if you live in the usa partner unfortunately I live in Canada the land of dust and flies shipping is expensive and the canadian dollar is very low my best chance Is buying one on the road
Sorry Its Expensive But IF You Have A Couple Of Bud dies Chip In And buy several the shipping will be cheep. After you have one you will want one for every radio you have plus a spare. I sell used radios and drivers always want my Mic so I sell it for $25 them

Sorry Its Expensive But IF You Have A Couple Of Bud dies Chip In And buy several the shipping will be cheep. After you have one you will want one for every radio you have plus a spare. I sell used radios and drivers always want my Mic so I sell it for $25 them
then I order another one from blueparrotsales off Ebay for $22.99 I don't make a killing but I'm just trying to get everybody sounding good that I can oh if you already have a rk56 you will retire it I promise

I own 3 of these mics. They are, IMO, the best noise-cancelling mic on the market today. I'm having a transmit issue with the first one I bought but it swings from the end of a mic keeper almost 24 hours a day 5 days a week in a daycab Mack, so something is bound to break sooner or later.

Unfortunately, you' re not likely to find a ranger SRA-198 in a truck stop. I've only seen them on line

I own 3 of these mics. They are, IMO, the best noise-cancelling mic on the market today. I'm having a transmit issue with the first one I bought but it swings from the end of a mic keeper almost 24 hours a day 5 days a week in a daycab Mack, so something is bound to break sooner or later.

Unfortunately, you' re not likely to find a ranger SRA-198 in a truck stop. I've only seen them on line[/QUOTE howdy partner I'm purchasing one on eBay I was told that also by Another driver that there an awesome mic and work real good will have to get mic rewired for my ranger rci 2950 dx

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.