• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCA Co-Pilot 14T302 Mic Wiring

Raccoon

Oct 27, 2005
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone , I have an RCA Co-Pilot 14T302 that I'm trying to wire an Astatic D104 M6B microphone to ... and I wired it like my Road Devil is , which is :

Pin 1. White
Pin 2. Shield & Blue
Pin 3. Black
Pin 4. Red

the mic has transmit , but the radio isn't receiving with this wiring code ... and I was wondering if someone might know the right wiring code for the D104 M6B to an RCA Co-Pilot 14T302 , it has to be the 14T302 .... because the wiring code I used is for an Astatic mic to any of the "Other" RCA Co-Pilot radios . I have the Astatic mic wiring book ... and the 14T302 is the only Co-Pilot model not listed in it (of course) . And I can't find anything online about the wiring of the M6B to the 14T302 .

Guitar_199 , according to what you shared ... Pin 1 and Pin 4 need to be reversed . I'm warming up the soldering gun now . I'll let you know how it goes . Thanks

Well that didn't work , but thanks for trying . I have no idea ... but I know I need better audio in the mobile than my constantly squealing Road Devil mic . These newer Astatic mics are crap anymore . I know I can wire it up to my Cobra 29 LX ... so I guess I'll take the Co-Pilot out and retire it , and replace it with the LX instead of fighting with this wiring code problem .

Well that didn't work , but thanks for trying . I have no idea ... but I know I need better audio in the mobile than my constantly squealing Road Devil mic . These newer Astatic mics are crap anymore . I know I can wire it up to my Cobra 29 LX ... so I guess I'll take the Co-Pilot out and retire it , and replace it with the LX instead of fighting with this wiring code problem .
Double check the wires in the mic itself and make sure there isn't a bad connection in the head before you swap radios.

Reactions: Raccoon
Double check the wires in the mic itself and make sure there isn't a bad connection in the head before you swap radios.
I actually thought the same thing too . I'm wondering if the Shield & Blue may not have a good connection . But I've been too busy to check it since I posted this .

Reactions: 999
Colt Mic Plug.jpg

1 swapped for 2, 2 for 1
3 swapped for 4, 4 for 3

Cybernet mics are wired upside down from Cobra/Uniden/Galaxy mics.

Old GE, RCA, Hygain, Midland, are this way.

No , the speaker is working fine . I have an Astatic Road Devil on the RCA Co-Pilot and everything is working fine . But the Road Devil has really low transmit audio because I have to keep the slide switch on the side REALLY low , or it starts squealing .... and then it still squeals sometimes anyway . But I can't really turn it up . So I decided to put the M6B on it ... which has been on this radio before .

I just went back and took another look at this and I agree with your original wiring that you stated (from the Red Devil).

The radio's mic connector is...

1 - Mic Audio
2 - Ground
3 - RCV
4 - XMT

According to the mic drawing below....
Mic Audio is - WHITE (should go to mic connector pin 1)

Mic Audio has a shield... and it should be tied to the common for the
switching ....BLUE (so BLUE and SHIELD should be connected and go to mic connector pin 2)

RCV enable wire is BLACK (should go to mic connector pin 3)

XMT enable wire is RED (should go to mic connector pin 4)

If that isn't doing the job... I hope someone hasn't rewired the mic away from the documented wiring/color scheme.

D104-M6B_Wiring.pngD104-M6B_Wiring.png

Reactions: midnight special
i have to ask since not mentioned yet,, does this radio have talkback? if it does illimnating or putting a switch to turn off would make the evil squell go away,,,,,

An RF choke inline (470uH plus or minus) with the audio wire inside the radio chassis may well stop the squeal as well. I have used that trick several times on PLL02A chassis radios.

David

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.