1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

RCI 2950DX

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by Delta 1, Jul 11, 2018 at 4:49 AM.

1. Delta 1

Delta 1 Active Member

I picked up a 2950dx3 a few days ago.. I was on 38L tonight, and out of the blue the frequency counter started scanning backwards on it's own, I tried to stop it with buttons on side of mic, but nothing it finally stopped at 25 MHZ .. I then had no problem at that time usesin the up and down buttons to get it back to 38L. Within 5 seconds repeated itself again.. when I disconnected the mic from radio it did stop then.. anyone experience this with this radio.. thanks Rick IMG_20180705_114540166.jpg

2. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

Two possibilities come to mind.

1) Bad tuning-knob encoder. If one of the two contacts sticks closed, it will do this.

2) Down button at the right end of the buttons is sticking closed. Worrying it for a bit might shake it loose and open the contact.

Quick check is to first pull the plug from the CPU leading to the tuning-knob encoder.

If that's not it, then unplug the front-panel buttons. Gotta remove the knobs and plastic face to do that. The whole pc board with all the pushbuttons will unplug after removing two screws.

Moving parts break first. I would suspect these before predicting the computer has gone whacko.

Which they do. Sometimes.

3. Delta 1

Delta 1 Active Member

I put another mic I had on hand, and not doing it (yet) will see what happens.. I do appreciate your knowledge and input.. thanks Rick

4. nomadradio

nomadradio Analog Retentive

A funky mike is about the best of all possible causes.

Here's hoping that's it.

5. Delta 1

Delta 1 Active Member

My fingers are crossed... 73