• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

rci 2970 - mobile

H

Honda316

i have an rci 2970 works well but have a problem now ahd then looking for any one with information that can help me.

now and then solid static os about 2 to 4 bars comes across with a slight whistle than it will go dead silent, when it is dead silent it does not transmit or receive, all on its own it will come back to normal and work great, it has happened a time or two while transmitting and who i was talkin to siad it sounded like i went off freak really bad, any information or tips is greatly appreciated thanks

Have you checked the coax connections? Sounds like you might have a short involved. Granted, I am not familiar with these radios but if it has some sort of SWR protection and there is a short then that might explain why it won't TX when the short is occuring. Just a thought to help you troubleshoot your problem.

73's!!

Wayne C.

far as i know its not with the coax, its definetly something inside the radio i will go over the screws again and see if it works any better, thanks for the feed back so far, well see what happens, thanks again

A major area of note is the 8-volt regulators soldered to the side of the circuit board (left side). In fact, its not a bad idea to touch up all those joints along that side. I've had more than a few 2950's with similar problems, and each one had a regulator connection issue.

i have gone over all screws and resoldered where the screws are to help with the ground, it didnt help, i will check what dtb radio said about and well go from there, thanks for more input well see what happens now.[/u]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.