• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995 DX HP Off Frequency on LSB Transmit only

Miura

Feb 7, 2022
After receiving reports and testing my transmit with 2 of my other radios, I noticed that on LSB only, I sound slightly off frequency with a slightly pinched voice. Very tiny. USB, AM and FM are perfect. I haven’t had the clarifier unlocked on transmit. I just need to slightly align my LSB transmit. Anyone here knows which pot I need to fiddle with? Your help would be very much appreciated. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_9124.jpeg
    IMG_9124.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9042.jpeg
    IMG_9042.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9043.jpeg
    IMG_9043.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_9041.jpeg
    IMG_9041.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT TEST GEAR. Do not trust what other people are saying about you being off frequency or what your other radios receive it like because unless you've tested them for accuracy there's nothing saying they're right either especially if they've got a clarifier.

You need to put the radio on a spectrum analyser or frequency counter, transmit a 1kHz tone and see what the test equipment says.

Reactions: Miura and BC Coyote
You should be able you just use the shift button, put the dot on the last zero in the freq counter. Then use the clarifier to change your frequency. If that does not work your best bet would be to have the clarifier unlocked.

You should be able you just use the shift button, put the dot on the last zero in the freq counter. Then use the clarifier to change your frequency. If that does not work your best bet would be to have the clarifier unlocked.
thanks for the tip but no can’t do unfortunately as I do not have clarifier on transmit. I never had it unlocked.

DO NOT DO THIS WITHOUT TEST GEAR. Do not trust what other people are saying about you being off frequency or what your other radios receive it like because unless you've tested them for accuracy there's nothing saying they're right either especially if they've got a clarifier.

You need to put the radio on a spectrum analyser or frequency counter, transmit a 1kHz tone and see what the test equipment says.
Even if both my radios on the receiving end are dead accurate?… I know it’s a bit empirical but I do not have the equipment and it is virtually impossible to find radio repairers in the U.K. A shame really.

Even if both my radios on the receiving end are dead accurate?… I know it’s a bit empirical but I do not have the equipment and it is virtually impossible to find radio repairers in the U.K. A shame really.
Yeah, and with one tiny little tweak, the radio will be off so far on transmit, you probably will need some equipment to even get it close again.
Those cans are very, very finicky without a very good test equipment quality frequency counter to let you know where it is........
People that know are telling you......

Reactions: BC Coyote and Miura
Yeah, and with one tiny little tweak, the radio will be off so far on transmit, you probably will need some equipment to even get it close again.
Those cans are very, very finicky without a very good test equipment quality frequency counter to let you know where it is........
People that know are telling you......
Thanks Ranch55, you’ve convinced me. I won’t touch it. I had no idea those cans were so sensitive and finicky. I will leave it alone then and try to find a good radio repair shop. That’s going to also be tricky.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.