• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995 DX problem

Update......
Problem solved. At the front of the board (closest to the face of the radio) there is a plug where the wires from the mode switch plug onto the main board. Its marked FM AM USB LSB and so on. Directly behind this plug are two surface mount transistors (so I thought), turns out they are switching diodes. The one on the left had a tiny hole burned in the top of it. It still had enough of the marking that I could tell it was the same as the on beside of it (RA4). Couldn't find a place to order one so after much searching and cross referencing I ordered a replacement. The new one was marked differently but according to the data sheet it should have been compatible. Before replacement the radio had no modulation at all, after replacement is where this thread began. After much work and much help from you guys I was still lost and having no luck at all. 3 AM Saturday morning I wake from a dead sleep knowing what's wrong with the radio, it's the switching diode that I replaced! A buddy had a junk radio with the same board so I got one from it and install it. Radio came to life! All is well now. Thank you to every one of you who helped me with this. Have a great day and stay safe everyone.

Reactions: TM86 and Tokin
Hello all.
Radio..... RCI 2995DX
Board.....EPT695015BR
PROBLEM......Modulation
In AM mode on the external meter the modulation swings backward. In USB and LSB it swings to 200 no problem. Just very low modulation on AM. It just barely makes a little ripple on the scope. Any help would be appreciated.

have you solved the issue ?? I'm having a similar issue my Modulation just kinda dropped out to like 60% a light quick sound it jumps up but talking it won't go anywhere near 90-100% it was working fine then it just went down for no reason it's a brand new 2995DXCF color display model brand new radio only 11 months old I could really use any information that you may have used to fix your Modulation issue please & thanks Jim

I ask if you fixed yours because my issue is very similar I'll explain a little about my issue ..
If I make a small quick lil sound it gets good modulation on there meter and RF output, but to talk into it normally then it will only produce around 50% modulation at best and only around 6 watts (with the amplifier section off ) both IRF520s test good and nothing is visibly burnt no bulging capacitors , & nothing has changed as far as being adjusted or anything it just happened to loose most of its audio or at least that's when I noticed it lost its audio one night when I was talking my Palomar Elite 500 base amplifier Aka (35A) blowed its main fuse for no apparent reason so I took it out of line & turned on the Built in amplifier on the radio & the modulation was/is only around 50% & the issue with the amplifier still hasn't been solved but it's something with the power supply section of the amplifier not the RF side. But my issue is with the audio/modulation of the radio being gone I'll get tothe Base amp some other time I just really wish i could fix my radio it's devastating with it being down

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.