• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI 2995DX no transmit power

How's the AM Regulator? Test the voltage (across to foil board ground at the TP7 OR TP8 (Driver and Final) got to make sure you didn't blow, a trace or a part, from the AM Regulator to the respective spots.

IF the driver or Finals are blown the ones bolted to the rear panel on the radio inside the case - it explains the no TX - but you need to make sure you can test and see power heading to the Driver and Final - their "center lead" leg to the board, is the Collector - which gets power from the Test Points - so a simple continuity check then a test run of power check in voltage-testing to them - have to verify the parts are working.

The thing has a 2-pill amp - how's the power supply and the amp doing?

The radio uses the TX signal (TX Light) to run a sense wire to a transistor on the amp board - to turn on and off a relay - so if you "have it hooked up" the relay should click on and off following what you're doing at the handset Key up Un-key moments - you should be able to hear the relay.

How's the AM Regulator? Test the voltage (across to foil board ground at the TP7 OR TP8 (Driver and Final) got to make sure you didn't blow, a trace or a part, from the AM Regulator to the respective spots.

IF the driver or Finals are blown the ones bolted to the rear panel on the radio inside the case - it explains the no TX - but you need to make sure you can test and see power heading to the Driver and Final - their "center lead" leg to the board, is the Collector - which gets power from the Test Points - so a simple continuity check then a test run of power check in voltage-testing to them - have to verify the parts are working.

The thing has a 2-pill amp - how's the power supply and the amp doing?

The radio uses the TX signal (TX Light) to run a sense wire to a transistor on the amp board - to turn on and off a relay - so if you "have it hooked up" the relay should click on and off following what you're doing at the handset Key up Un-key moments - you should be able to hear the relay.
new driver and final new mosfets for amp, nothing on voltage, no relay click

Get a TX on the LCD display?

No voltage usually means AM Regulator not working - need another - sort of thing. Blew open - but you'll have to check to make sure you can even get power to it. So again, a voltage check.

Get a TX on the LCD display?

No voltage usually means AM Regulator not working - need another - sort of thing. Blew open - but you'll have to check to make sure you can even get power to it. So again, a voltage check.
yes TX comes on but BUSY also stays on

B754 been replaced

but i will check it

Ok, then that means you have a bigger problem "Busy" usually tells the rest of us that it's "Out To Lunch" - or Out Of Lock - meaning it lost communication.

There are several threads in the forums about this condition - and the various ways to solve it. Many are unique to the "similar no power" situation- but each one has a different outcome.

The issue with the AM Regulator - now seems to have gone further - possible blown caps onto a blown driver or lost regulator voltage to drive it.

Hence, the many threads to help you solve this.

Using Phone or PC? I use PC so the upper right corner Search... and Magnifying glass is where I'd start...

There are too many to post here, just browse that list until you can find threads that apply - for as said before - the same similar condition has many different ways to solve it.

Ok, then that means you have a bigger problem "Busy" usually tells the rest of us that it's "Out To Lunch" - or Out Of Lock - meaning it lost communication.

There are several threads in the forums about this condition - and the various ways to solve it. Many are unique to the "similar no power" situation- but each one has a different outcome.

The issue with the AM Regulator - now seems to have gone further - possible blown caps onto a blown driver or lost regulator voltage to drive it.

Hence, the many threads to help you solve this.

Using Phone or PC? I use PC so the upper right corner Search... and Magnifying glass is where I'd start...

There are too many to post here, just browse that list until you can find threads that apply - for as said before - the same similar condition has many different ways to solve it.
ok thank you as for lack of test equipment i think its time
for a shop to check it out considering surface mount tech in the radio

Reactions: Handy Andy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.