• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI RHF-618 New Export Base Station

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
WHOOPS - hit I instead of F in the title :) RCI RHF-618 is the radio. Maybe a mod can correct that.

A couple of flyers have been circulating from the distributors and some of the dealers have started posting up information on their websites. Not sure if the $499 price will be accurate.

Ranger RHF-618

Also some are listing output as 2 watt to 150 watt but I haven't seen info yet on if it will be a high powered base or not.

I should be getting my hands on one shortly and will post up info as soon as I have it.

I do not know who to listen to any more.
I called Bell and they told me it was NOT a touch screen
I talked to Chip who is doing Ranger parts and service and he tells me it is a touch screen.
I See a dual final radio, if it was a rig with a built in Amp, in the past they use only a single final in front of the Amp.
The Power supply in the picture I have will not do it.

I am not for sure about anything until I see one for myself.

jeff

Attachments

• rangerbase.jpg
    rangerbase.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 337
Last edited:
Bell told me that they did not have any, but where waiting on a shipment.
this is what I mean, when I can see one in person......
I have heard so many different versions of this and that I do not know any more.

Jeff

The power supply pictured inside that chassis is not enough to run a 150 watt radio, now it is possible that it has changed.....we will find out when cb radio Mag gets his hands on one.

Jeff

Well if it is indeed a high power 150 watt radio I can assure you it will be at the very least a $600.00 pricetag on it :whistle:

Yeah - based on the pictures I saw it's only going to be a standard dual final but you never know.

I'd actually prefer that rather than the radio with the 4 transistor amp. For the RCI radios I prefer the older style 2 transistor amp than the 4 transistor. But since they've moved away from the pill style it's all multiple smaller transistors now.

I've seen MSRP suggested anywhere from $500 - $1000 so no idea where the radio will come in at final retail. I'm guessing it will be around $500-$600.

Take that power supply and mount it underneath, then since the radio could cover from 24mhz to 29mhz, why not put a little auto tuner in it?

How About a filter option? Switchable AM and SSB filters?
I want to see the new ranger board I have heard about, everything up to now is variations of the EPT 6950XXX board, i am curious to see what new has been done on the mysterious ranger "123" board and what features it has.

Jeff

well i would believe ranger b4 anyone.. they built it.i think some places
are trying to sell it off as a true hf rig.when its only a rebirth of the
2985 with a icom 718 look to ity

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated