• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RCI RHF-618 New Export Base Station

Just a heads up in case anyone was waiting. At this time I've decided against doing a review of this radio.

At $400 it's a lot of dough to drop on a 2950DX with a power supply. I watched the videos by cbrepair guy and I just didn't see much that sparked my interest.

Also - I've been on the road all summer but should have more time to do some reviews and articles this fall.

Just a heads up in case anyone was waiting. At this time I've decided against doing a review of this radio.

At $400 it's a lot of dough to drop on a 2950DX with a power supply. I watched the videos by cbrepair guy and I just didn't see much that sparked my interest.

Also - I've been on the road all summer but should have more time to do some reviews and articles this fall.

alot of crappy sounding 2970DXs around here but when the N2 came out all that changed. the 618 does have the best looking display ive ever seen on a cb, maybe you should review it anyway and let us know if its a DX or N2 inside. alot of people buy for looks becasue thats what alot of cbing is- lookin at the radio you bought

Bought a bunch of used stuff from a guy getting out of the hobby, got a few great working 2950DX radio so now my interest is in this new model. It sure looks great and if it's a 2950Dx on the insde it will be a great SSB radio but for 489 I'm not going that route, if I'm going to spend that kind of money the 2970N2 would be a likely choice, sure makes more sense if you have a power supply that will make it work. Why doesn't Sam Lewis at Magnum come out with something like this. Those Magnums kick butt no doubt and stay on frequency not like the drifting Galaxy line. Maybe if Ranger doesn't sell a lot of them the price might drop to like 399, now that would be more in line

Does anyone own one of these? I've got one here need some help with a red wire and orange wire that I think belong on the mic input board coming from the pa/cb plug board on the back for the orange red looks like its solder to where the normal plug for external speaker would be on the main board. If someone had one they could pop the top on and take a look that would be awesome.

Does anyone own one of these? I've got one here need some help with a red wire and orange wire that I think belong on the mic input board coming from the pa/cb plug board on the back for the orange red looks like its solder to where the normal plug for external speaker would be on the main board. If someone had one they could pop the top on and take a look that would be awesome.

Kind of a unicorn but maybe someone will know. I remember back when those were first available, they seemed like an interesting radio. Reading above from cbradiomagazine, I just learned it was a 2950 in a box. Still an interesting rig, and even available from Mr x if a guy had the coin.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.