• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Re-claim 16 LSB contest Dec 24-31, 2022

I heard some faint voices but couldn't tell if it was 16LSB or the bucket mouths on 15 AM bleeding over. No contacts for me. Even cheating with 900 I couldn't make it. 38LSB was difficult also, 28 AM was a cake walk though....:confused:

I pulled my original President Jackson out of the storage space, aligned the PLL and hooked it up. This one had a blown final, that I replaced with a single MOSFET. It has the same output power as any single final CB radio now. I'll be listening on 16 NOW! Band is open to EU as usual in the AM.

Reactions: binrat
Skip propagation conditions are predicted to be good on 12-10 meters for December 29, 2022. Looks like this might be the day we may score some LSB 16 contacts for the contest.

Let your voices be heard...on LSB 16.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I made a few but never posted them on the proper page.. I exceeded the allowed power limit..
Yeah throwing a little more power to the tower switch to ON, is needed as there's quit a bunch of stations bleeding over from17 and even 15, not to mention some high Power boys on 16. I made just two contacts the other day and had some guy on 16 AM go coo coo for coocooo puffs cussing at me and such. So I continued making a few more contacts and this guy just lost it. We use to call stations like this Pigeons. Radio enjoyment at its finest.

Back in the 190's and 70's in the Southern Ca areas, we had the "Green Monster" trying to jam all the CH16 LSB communications and QSO's and such. They DFed the Green Monster to some ham guy in the south bay area, had big ham antennas and towers. Never was there any effort for the SSB CH 16 crowd turn up the power, to put up towers, buy big ham linear amplifiers, speech processors, and the like. What fun it was listening to all the who raw comms. Yeah sometimes ya gots to flip the switch.

Jay in the Grate Mojave Desert CH16 27.155 Mc LSB

None here. Just the normal high noise floor with some spanish, AM bleed over, and topped with a dash of some idiot trying to tie up the channel. A perfect recipe for squat!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated