• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Real CB Radios are side mic

Okay, . . . just how good is a side mic Galaxy?

Friend of mine has a 959 we talked 20-miles at 72-mph going opposite directions on IH-10 seven years ago one evening out near Fort Stockton, TX. No amps. He’d had it several years already (I was on my new DX-99v2; both of us in large cars with center-load Wilson’s pulling tall pneumatic tankers).

I’ve mentioned before it’s one of the very best mobile radios I have ever heard.

Years of bouncing through the oilfield.
Close to one-million miles in that Pete.

That radio is still in daily use. Been to a shop once since purchase.

Side Mic Galaxy . . for the win!!

Last edited:
OMG ForestRunner…I was just going to say you’re either older than all of us or a bonafide alcoholic…hahaha. You dah man slamming that @#$%. You probably did aftershock as well….Dude I wanna hang out with you. So I can drive of course

Na...just a dumb kid who didn’t know any better! LOL Never drank another since. No Aftershock either! But we did have fun back then.

Went to a pet store with a friend, also back then, asked the guy for about 2-3’ of clear hose about 1” in diameter. He replies “making a beer bong right?” We strarted laughing!

Eeeewww goldschlager..... man I remember those hot summer nights about 2 a.m. and it making an exit out the nose........
FlashbacksView attachment 46655

Yes sir.....That stuff hit even harder after you threw up. It was almost like you body said "OK, he's dumped enough as not to get alcohol poisoning, let's kick this up to the max!!"

OMG ForestRunner…I was just going to say you’re either older than all of us or a bonafide alcoholic…hahaha. You dah man slamming that @#$%. You probably did aftershock as well….Dude I wanna hang out with you. So I can drive of course
Stop by and pick me up on the way!

That Cisco was referred to as "Liquid Crack" by some people. I cant touch Cisco any more, or the Aftershock. They both cured me in my younger days. Now I just drink beer, its a lot safer.

Stop by and pick me up on the way!

That Cisco was referred to as "Liquid Crack" by some people. I cant touch Cisco any more, or the Aftershock. They both cured me in my younger days. Now I just drink beer, its a lot safer.

By y’all’s descriptions I’m not sorry to have missed these. Family curse is no hangover. But I busted that a couple of times mixing spirits . . many, MANY years ago.

Today, I run a side mic Galaxy . . and other men wish for a drink on hearing it and considering the shortcomings of their own rig (ha!)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.