• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Real CB Radios are side mic

With power straight to BATT now done — arranging cable and cords in overhead console also sorted — this side mic GALAXY DX-959b is center of what just became the quietest big truck radio system I’ve experienced.

The irony is in just how bad are some (sometimes, many) truck driver radio systems now on full, naked display. Can’t ascribe poor audio any longer to “conditions” or “distance” where their signal rose above the background hash just enough to be heard.

Now, the details of their TX are obvious. What’s good or bad (or both).

(Have a mic comparison test yet to do, and some more — minor — antenna tuning. The KL-7405 now lives on the shelf above the console opening).

Running south out of Dayton, OH towards Cincinnati yesterday afternoon — a high volume corridor — the layers of conversations to be heard was impressive, and previously a night-time phenomenon only heard in rural areas. While NOT as dramatic as that CAN be, the surprise of it is gratifying as the time of day referenced is generally “worst” for conditions on AM-19.

No more need to “adjust out” by Gain & Squelch the voice cacophony should one choose to take it all in. Distinct differences in audio qualities are enough (due to system virtues) that one can follow multiple conversations

Gitcha some side mic magic, let the rest of the mobile system shine through it!

Last edited:
Careful!
The Electric lollypop crowd will start to get envious of the Side Mic Crowd and a war could erupt.

Whelp I got your lollipop right here Handy Andy. I ain’t envious because the only way to run a LOLLIPOP is SideWays! I’m from the 11 meter hood don’t you know.

Attachments

• D7565795-C477-4301-84D9-2905ECFC02E8.jpeg
    D7565795-C477-4301-84D9-2905ECFC02E8.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 20
  • 7E5EA92E-8083-4909-B24C-A62E0A47EDBE.jpeg
    7E5EA92E-8083-4909-B24C-A62E0A47EDBE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 22
I ain’t envious because the only way to run a LOLLIPOP is SideWays!

Electric lollypops?

(I've got them now!)

RadioShackBatteryOfTheMonethClub.png

It just so happens I have your Battery Of the Month card right here...

Hey I have no issues with anyone whom runs a side-railed radio - Electric or not!

Like @Slowmover sez....

Real Radios are using Side-Mics!

(...IT was my job - a long time ago, to sell you a Radio to go with that "lectric Lollypop! )

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.