• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Base Real tall antenna imax 2000 Problem

We are only talking about a percentage of pwr loss ( 4%) that isn't worth the worry especially since most of us would give our right arm to be over 300 ft in the air which greatly offsets any power loss, in other words, this isn't worth spending 5 minutes worrying about it. Key that radio up and talk to Cuuuubbbbbaaaaaa!!!

Last cycle I used to regularly yack with the Lima Victor dx group out of the Netherlands almost every morning on my way to work from the mobile. We ran above 40 ssb. The loudest guy in the bunch was usually a tower crain opp.. +30 sometimes. He ran a 2970 and a vertical but I cant recall what kind it was...but it sure worked!!

Reactions: 357magnum
We are only talking about a percentage of pwr loss ( 4%) that isn't worth the worry especially since most of us would give our right arm to be over 300 ft in the air which greatly offsets any power loss, in other words, this isn't worth spending 5 minutes worrying about it. Key that radio up and talk to Cuuuubbbbbaaaaaa!!!
What is the 4% power loss?

DC star,

yeah im not sure where they came up with that 1000 watts ICAS (AKA not for very long)
rating, since its just a hunk of aluminum with a gamma match.

maybe they are using a very low wattage rated gamma match, but more likely is they just undershot it with a guess in order to avoid liability.

that being said, i would contact them and ask before buying one.
LC

Sorry about that I thought someone said the swr was only 1.5 but for the record that is what the power loss would be if the swr was 1.5
Gotcha. I think there is something in the air lately, it seems like everyone is a little off. We had a 1.5 to 1, a 6 to 1 and infinity lol. A guy asked about an s meter, and I'm talking about channel displays? I guess it's kinda funny

Reactions: DC Star (3831)
I did, I sent an email yesterday. They have another one I would consider too. Said it would withstand winds up to 85mph. Thanks again Loose Cannon. You have turned me on to something now. I've always wanted to try a flat up here. Oh boy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.